When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for advice on Wards Hawthorne project

-
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions. I think I'll start with the OA bath (as soon as Wal-Mart stocks kiddie pools again). Where is the best place to get OA? Also, can someone tell me for sure what year/model this is? I'm thinking 40 or 41 but that's just a guess based on pics I've seen on the internet. Which grips, seat and tires should I get? Thanks again for all your help.

Hi SindeAnn, you asked a few questions. one was in regards to getting a lense for you light Cindi Vette on Ebay has them https://www.ebay.com/sch/cindi_vette/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2654 She also has the rear rack lenses. You asked about year of bike. I think our bikes are at the end of CWC ( Cleveland Welding Co. ) and the start of The Snyder Built bikes ? Your Springer looks Snyder built, but I'm no expert. It's kinda like a grey area when companies merge and they "Share" Parts when building different year models. I have a hard time deciphering all I read, but it seems mine is a '41 Comet Yours is so close color/paint/parts wise I'd say yours is 1941 as well. Again, i'm no expert..................please correct me if i have some of this history incorrect. The guys are giving good advice. You have a great bike. I know you'll do it justice Here's the handlebar grips that I think they were tellin' me to put on my bike................ Front light lense. a new Amber rear reflector , a Bicycle licence ( Under Seat ) and ammo bags under handlebars. Those changes were made recently. See Photo's attached

DSCF0663.JPG

DSCF0660.JPG

DSCF0653.JPG

DSCF0655.JPG

DSCF0657.JPG

With the Snyder springer and curved fender brace on the seat stays, I'll guess it's all Snyder. As for year, the serial number on the BB should show the year. My 42 Hawthorne (Snyder) looks like this, with the year digits reversed. (24EH)

42522_a1cb05d52c72fec01eed0d63208dd373 - Copy.jpg

FYI, Amazon..search it. Cheers. Do not eat this or tear off the label..lol.. ( as in mattress/pillow labels or packs of crystal moisture packs in electronics for those who don't get my sick memory/humour)

acid 1.JPG

acid 2.JPG

Back