When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for early pope catalogs with a truss frame bike.........!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indianfaze

Look Ma, No Hands!
hello.....does any one have any early pope catalogs with a truss frame bike in it? i am trying to locate what exactly the truss frame bike came with as far as bars, fenders etc. any help would be appreciated......thanks chris

greeting's...I have a 15,21,23,and 24 catologs ...i can send ya some copies of the that model of bikes,however columbia refered to the frame as a archbar,if were talkin bout the same frame...i can be reached at 541-607-0742...bd

pic

heres a pic of my pope...the model is called comet..i just got some new wheels and tires and i am working on getting a front fender and then deciding what to do to the rest.....thanks for the help with the catalogs...ill call you later today, chris...
popeee.gif

pelletman. thanks for the info. ive been in touch with mr columbia. he said the bike is from the mid 20's and he had no info on the comet brand. however he did say regarding the bars, sproket and rack..... "Being that this is not a "Columbia" or other standard Pope brand they may be original to the bike. If the Comet name was for a specific department or hardware store they may have had their bikes equipped with different parts than a standard Pope/Columbia/Westfield bike. The same goes for the sprocket. It is not one I have seen on a Pope made bike but may have been for the Comet line only."

with that said i think im going to get rid of the rack cuz im not into it. keep the bars and sproket and maybe get the frame and forks repainted by a pro...if anyone knows any pro restorers for pin striping and repainting the bike please let me know...i have ordered new wooden wheels, tires, and am getting the seat redone right now as well........hopefully it will come out fresh!!!.....

Last edited:
I seen this type of Frame before many years ago actually sorry this time. I haven't any catalog regarding the same.

Back