When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Flightliner Parts, please HELP.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BMW335i

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I need to find a JC Higgins early 60s mens Flightliner tanklight lens.
Let me know if you have what is needed.
While we're at it.
Need a period Flightliner black seat with crash rail and correct mens pedals.
Also need the correct handle bars and of course the ever elusive rear rack light. Luckily the chrome flightliner i just bought has the rear light metal box but no leans. Regarding the rear light box, I'm confused because mine has one light bulb in the middle, I thought they have two bulbs, one on each side not one in the middle, having said that what type of lens does it take? I thought they have the two bullet types but I cant see how you can use two bullet lens with one bulb in the middle???

You guys are the best for this sort of stuff, please help.

I need to find a JC Higgins early 60s mens Flightliner tanklight lens.
Let me know if you have what is needed.
While we're at it.
Need a period Flightliner black seat with crash rail and correct mens pedals.
Also need the correct handle bars and of course the ever elusive rear rack light. Luckily the chrome flightliner i just bought has the rear light metal box but no leans. Regarding the rear light box, I'm confused because mine has one light bulb in the middle, I thought they have two bulbs, one on each side not one in the middle, having said that what type of lens does it take? I thought they have the two bullet types but I cant see how you can use two bullet lens with one bulb in the middle???

You guys are the best for this sort of stuff, please help.

Hi there and welcome to the CABE. In response to your questions the rear Flightliner battery tray only has one single bulb as you indicated and the lens should look like this. See attached pictures. With regards to extra Flightliner parts I have the correct handlebars with the correct black grips, an extra chain guard and fenders but all need replating. Let me know if your interested in them. Best regards Monarky.
image.jpg
image.jpg
CONFIG]150295[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 131
Hi there and welcome to the CABE. In response to your questions the rear Flightliner battery tray only has one single bulb as you indicated and the lens should look like this. See attached pictures. With regards to extra Flightliner parts I have the correct handlebars with the correct black grips, an extra chain guard and fenders but all need replating. Let me know if your interested in them. Best regards Monarky.
View attachment 150296View attachment 150297CONFIG]150295[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your reply.
After seeing your pictures it makes sense what lens I need, now where do I get one?
I'm interested in your handle bars, send a price and how's the condition of it?

As far as the tanklight lens, i've never seen the clear "double bubble" type offered online by itself and that's after years of looking on and off. You might have better luck hitting the bicycle swaps or asking here in the wanted section.

However all is not lost !, there is a seller on ebay that periodicly has good quality mens and womens reproductions (they're different sizes) as seen here ~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-bicycle-J-C-Higgins-Flightliner-sears-spaceliner-murray-middleweight-L-/271394543854?hash=item3f306018ee

I bought one myself, the fit is good and I like that design better anyway. Your only other option is to try and find a complete tank to cannibalize parts off of.

pap

Thanks for your reply.
After seeing your pictures it makes sense what lens I need, now where do I get one?
I'm interested in your handle bars, send a price and how's the condition of it?

I will send you some pictures of the handle bars and a price tomorrow afternoon. Best regards Monarky:cool:

Back