When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for help i.d.’ing this Trike

-

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked this up last night for $10. Couldn’t resist given it was inky a couple miles away and the price was right. I have a little girl tha always wants t work in projects with me so I thought we could spend some time in this one. Now I’d just like to find out what exactly it is.

Originally looked kind of Murray-like to me with the truss-rod things going on but hadn’t seen any Murray’s with a front fender like this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

38528A99-FD34-4799-B40B-5469F8339231.jpeg

587CBDF6-7EE7-4A3F-BC4A-321478E8FAE8.jpeg

7E711E36-A736-49CD-B16A-06422DF93EBC.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm thinking it could be a 1960s Murray. Here's one with very similarly designed patterns in the rear step plates - https://offerup.com/item/detail/561357386/

The only part that doesn't seem to fit the Murray style trikes is the front wheel assembly, which could have been switched out with another maker's wheel if the original wheel was damaged or the tire was worn out. Some trike parts were interchangable between makers. Either that or it's a Murray model which there are no photos or advertisements to reference. I've looked at other tricycle makes of the era and couldn't find any closer match to the frame and rear step design than Murray.

Dave

Back