When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for help in identifying bike from 1935....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I wonder if the wheels were originally 28" as well. Might have been easier to switch to 26" wheels and tires than to find 28" tires. Your bike shows a lot of space between the tire and fender when compared to the bikes posted. A dropstand and clip shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Training wheels back again. Earlier in this thread it was suggested that my original wheels may have been replaced with 26" ones which is a very real possibility. I doubt my Dad would have built the wheels so I'm assuming the time period of the New Departure Model D hub will help me determine an approximate year of the rear wheel at least. And while I've seen a lot of posts on the subject my window seems to be a very large one (between 1933-1950s).
It appears to be nickel plated, is 36 hole with a 10 tooth sprocket. Also has the lube fitting.
Can anyone help me zero in a little closer on a date?
Thank you

20200521_195719.jpg

20200521_195656.jpg

April, or "D" of 1935; "5" .. Looks like a lot of repaints to cut through if looking for original color if any left. Truss rods should be metal and not painted you could start there after tuning it up and getting it riding again..

April, or "D" of 1935; "5" .. Looks like a lot of repaints to cut through if looking for original color if any left. Truss rods should be metal and not painted you could start there after tuning it up and getting it riding again..
Thank you SKPC.
So you're thinking that is the original rear wheel?

I found an internet article on Hub Dating and copied and pasted a couple of pictures.
The first is a picture of what looks like your brake arm. It says "BRAKE" under the New Departure. It's dates the brake arm from "1938 to 1941" The R in the word brake is under the A in departure. I have a feeling that if yours is fully exposed, it looks like this one.
1590200967848.png

This next picture show the brake arm from a "1934 to 1938?" You'll notice that the arm does not have the word BRAKE on it. It has Model D on it instead.

1590201115938.png

This 3rd picture shows a brake arm from the years 1941 - 1949. It's called a "big arm". It does not have the loop around the hole in the end and it it thicker where it connects to the hub. In the picture that you posted, it's hard to tell what the entire arm looks like. In this one, the B is between the A and R.

1590201471137.png

1950 - 1959 does not have the word BRAKE cast into it.

1590201530461.png

Back