When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for help via a 1953 CWC Roadmaster Catalog

-
You can just convo him at RMS37 or Blue Tarp and hope that he responds. Good luck.

I’d like to tap into his CWC knowledge as well.
I've tried to message him here as RMS37 and it does not go through. What do you mean about Blue Tarp?

@TieDye, I went by the library to try to scan that catalog, but they've got a new printer/scanner and they're still trying to get it set up, so it's probably going to be next week before I can get something done. I don't know if this helps, but here's a section from a brochure I have. Like the catalog, it doesn't show the year, but all the model numbers start with "F", which seems to have been AMF's code for 1956, (starting with "A" for 1951, when they bought Roadmaster, as noted in Phil Marshall's serial number list). And the bikes look right for that year, so that's my theory until a better one comes along. The only problem is this Pleasure Liner is a middleweight, while the one in the 1953 catalog has balloon tires. With any luck I'll get the other catalog scanned sometime next week.

1956 Pleasure Liner 1.PNG

1956 Pleasure Liner 2.PNG

@TieDye, I went by the library to try to scan that catalog, but they've got a new printer/scanner and they're still trying to get it set up, so it's probably going to be next week before I can get something done. I don't know if this helps, but here's a section from a brochure I have. Like the catalog, it doesn't show the year, but all the model numbers start with "F", which seems to have been AMF's code for 1956, (starting with "A" for 1951, when they bought Roadmaster, as noted in Phil Marshall's serial number list). And the bikes look right for that year, so that's my theory until a better one comes along. The only problem is this Pleasure Liner is a middleweight, while the one in the 1953 catalog has balloon tires. With any luck I'll get the other catalog scanned sometime next week.

View attachment 927993

View attachment 927994
Cool info! I look forward to the 1953 catalog. Thank you!!

Mine is not AMF, and looks just like the advertisement I posted. Same color all around, and has a 53 stamping on the serial #

Mine is Model C-1614. If you look at the add, there were different models, and even metallic green color.

Mine is not AMF, and looks just like the advertisement I posted. Same color all around, and has a 53 stamping on the serial #
We have 2 1953s, both serial number 53Cw. They both have original tanks. The black and white one is E799&& 53Cw. The metallic green one is all original except the luxury liner light. The serial number on that is G917&& 53Cw. They both have Roadmaster badges, and CWC muscle man seat tube decals. When I bought the metallic green one, they had an identical one there, serial number was J773%% 53Cw. That had an AMF seat tube decal, and the very different AMF Roadmaster badge. So, somewhere between G and J in 1953 they began LABELING them as AMF bikes. I have pictures of the AMF one on my computer, I believe I still do, that I can post later.

20180902_125349.jpg

20180923_125405.jpg

20190105_114507.jpg

20181022_141032.jpg

20190105_115618.jpg

20190105_115720.jpg

Back