When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vincer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Wondering if anyone has come across this before. I have this speedometer component that for some reason won’t turn either way. Is there a way to take this apart and work on it without destroying it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

680BB016-3436-494E-A800-50BEE56895F0.jpeg

5957DD09-57B7-49AD-A7A7-BABCDD248F56.jpeg

300FEA9A-D5DD-4D60-8A9F-CDFE7C1C5144.jpeg

6BB95B41-257E-44C7-9E9F-B3E93806135B.jpeg

Hold on one second let me try to find the link again. I believe it covers the drive unit.

I had a NOS Huret Speedo kit in the box and the drive unit and speedo was locked up with old grease. I just cleaned out the drive unit and put in some fresh lube.

Hi guys, thanks for your help. I was able to get the retaining ring off and remove the drive tang. The seal holding the worm gear in is very tight, not very pliable. I’m afraid if I try to remove it I’ll tear it up.
4A5F5958-886F-41BE-9A82-0780FF328D88.jpeg

Any suggestions on removing it.

Soak it with thinnest oil you can find.
Wipe off after a day and put in oven at 150 degrees for a little bit and attempt removal then carefully.

Hey guys, I wanted to get back with you and let you know that with your help I got this working perfectly. Thanks again for the advice.

Back