When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on early Gambles Eagle Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

yoerg4

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked up this bike yesterday. It is rough-basicly a parts bike that I have since disassembled but it has a decent motorbike frame and some very usable bits. My question is-what and when and by whom was a Gambles Eagle made and sold? I have not been able to find any info on it. I may actually be tempted to get this thing back on the road in some configuration. Thanks for any words of wisdom!!!
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg

Shelby. Chainring & flush headset cups are tell-tail signs.

(If those items are original to the bike,of course)

Last edited:
Thanks! That was what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I am guessing that this is an early 1930's bike. Are those rims Shelby rims?

Gambles bicycles were sold through Gambles Stores. They also sold other brand bikes besides their Gambles . Ron

Thanks for the info-this will get me started. I am going to get this bike on the road as I have most of the missing parts. It will balance out my 1939 Shelby.

Back