When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on Mom's vintage New World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Catalog image.

1948_schwinn_w1l.jpg

1946 Mens. Kind of gives you an idea what the color looked like.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/f-s-1946-schwinn-new-world-lightweight-3-speed-bicycle.112518/

20170613_131845-jpg.jpg

Wonderful story. Is the green a repaint over original red? Here is another New World, 1952, with 24 inch rims. I wish it was 26 inch.
20180603_185848_resized-1.jpg

Wonderful story. Is the green a repaint over original red? Here is another New World, 1952, with 24 inch rims. I wish it was 26 inch.
View attachment 818728
As long as I've known, it's always been a greenish/brownish color. But then, the bicycle was already very old in my first memories of it. Where the 'New World' decal is, you can kind of see some blue peaking through, but it's very hard to tell. It's possible it was painted over at some point, but seeing as how the decals are still visible, I'm not sure. I'll ask her if she remembers what it's color was originally. But her memory isn't very good. So it's possible she won't know.

She used to have a basket on the back that hung down on either side of the back tire. She would put a pillow on the middle and I'd sit there with one foot in each basket while she pedaled. :)

To my bad eyes, the bike looked like it was originally blue. Shows up under the decals and on the bottom of the bike. Weird that it does look greenish in some areas. Rust and then a oil or diesel fuel rub down over the years to preserve it maybe? Hit it with some Turtle Wax rubbing compound in the green bottle and see what happens.

283-jpg.jpg

Back