When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on this Hibbard Leader bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jbrunner

On Training Wheels
Pulled this bike out of the attic that my mom had as a little girl. Looking for what year it is and general information on it. It’s a women’s Hibbard Leader. I can’t find one like it on the internet. Is this a common bike or rare? Thank you for any input.

D45745EB-B8BD-46AF-B076-00DDA76AF991.jpeg

94DE0850-DF69-41D4-8F78-1B366A451B6C.jpeg

I believe that Hibbard, Spencer & Bartlett (HSB) was a Chicago hardware wholesaler famous for “True Value” tools.
The example shown might be a Snyder, (perhaps Michigan City) built girls bike.
If a Snyder product, then the date might be ascertained by the serial numbers stamped on the bottom bracket crank hanger.
There may have been other manufacturers, but in Chicago too?

Last edited:
I believe that Hibbard, Spencer & Bartlett (HSB) was a Chicago hardware wholesaler famous for “True Value” tools.
The example shown might be a Snyder, (perhaps Michigan City) built girls bike.
If a Snyder product, then the date might be ascertained by the serial numbers stamped on the bottom bracket crank hanger.
There may have been other manufacturers, but in Chicago too?
Thanks for your reply Archie the information is great to know. I could not find any serial numbers anywhere around the crank. The rear axle had stamped "new departure model D".

Back