When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for information on a huffy belair, girls tank bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

randallace

Finally riding a big boys bike
looking for information about huffy belair bicycles, picked up a frame with tank today and am considering building her up , but need info on this model- pics, stats, years built , ect.... any help is always appreciated.

ok pic time - taken with me iphone so be forgiving of quality please - previous owner claimed to be 1950 manufacture date ?

got her like this
Picture303_zpsf23d814d-1.jpg

head sticker -
Picture305_zpsbc591867-1.jpg

drivers side tank
Picture307_zps5b38c224-1.jpg

tank mount-
Picture317_zps4bd4b5f4-1.jpg

top of rear fender has this - for mountiung bracket ??
Picture318_zps25087c0e-1.jpg

chain guard
Picture315_zps93556ed2-1.jpg

Picture314_zps47d871bc-1.jpg

seat tube decal
Picture312_zps04ed9ca5-1.jpg

serial number -appears to read 0H0022H4- how to date ? since missing wheel set, and other accessories ?
Picture308_zps1033b478-1.jpg

seat
Picture302_zps8b64e0bf-1.jpg

Last edited:
Need to see if you can make out the serial number and post it, I can't make it out from the pic. Looks like late 1950's Huffy middleweight to me.

been looking online most of the morning - cant find many pics of complete bikes to work off of -- anyone have any ?

wow. This is an uncommon bike, been awhile since I have seen one of these. You have an early Huffy Bel-Air, the Monark version was the Thunderbird. I don't see too many Huffys this style, I don't why. that tank and chaingaurd style wasn't made very long it seems.

You will have a hard time trying to find pics of this bike complete, I would look for pics of the Monark Thunderbird of the same vintage.

wow. This is an uncommon bike, been awhile since I have seen one of these. You have an early Huffy Bel-Air, the Monark version was the Thunderbird. I don't see too many Huffys this style, I don't why. that tank and chaingaurd style wasn't made very long it seems.

You will have a hard time trying to find pics of this bike complete, I would look for pics of the Monark Thunderbird of the same vintage.
Mainly want pics for visual reference on correct replacement parts - any suggestions as to the finish ? Repaint ? Or try and patch what's there , clear and call it a day ? Would modern huffy cruiser wheels do as replacements ? And the fender for the front - a modern one fit ? Going to try and replace all the bearings - any clue on sizes ?

The proposed parts donor is a new ladies huffy cranbrook 26 inch- specific questions , will wheel set work as is , or will i need to change the crank set as well ??? are the headtube and crankset bearings and cups the same sizes ? or will be necessary to pick up others?? will fenders work, and if so - will they fit correctly ? i believe the handlebar stem will not work - looks to big to me , seat post as well looks too large ...... now as far as the original seat i have , it appears to be white tolex? is that correct ? is that stuff easy to work with ? any ideas ??

Last edited:
Back