When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for information on a huffy belair, girls tank bicycle

-
That rusty Huffy you bought an auction would nicely for parts. I personally wouldn't use modern big box store crap for parts. They are low quality bicycles and all made in red CHINA. I would leave this paint and chrome ALONE and simply track down the missing parts. With some hunting you can find a correct front fender to match this bike.

have begun the search for the fender ,ect......... the rusty one will donate some parts too

ok - ive got a major problem - the front forks were loose and when i tried to tighten them i noticed the top bearing nut, the one that had the cone on bottom for the bearing , was lopsided - so i disassembled the head tube, removed the bearings and on closer inspection the threads at the top of the tube are bent - wtf? -no wonder that nut and stuff was terribly difficult to get off - i assume i will need to replace these forks now - bummer because wanted to keep them as they were original - is there any way to disassemble and keep forks and replace the tube only ???

-help please --

Picture366_zpsc067bd0d-1.jpg

Picture368_zps7675c7cb-1.jpg

Picture367_zps48498204-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats gonna be a pain in the butt to fix. It might be repairable. Post in the "Restoration Tricks" section and see what the guys have to say.

will the fork off a 69 good vibrations work ? i have one i scavaged parts off of , hanging up in garage , that has a nice fork set

If it's a Good Vibrations its probably a 1979 or 1989. The serial numbers got changed by the time those were made. But yea, it should work.

Not that it matters but my eyes see the last 2 digits if the serial number as 54 instead of H4. Is there a number on the head tube? Huffy eventually started putting a number there as well.

Looking at the threads on the fork, there appears to be a curvature in the threads. It's on the left in the first pic and on the right in the second. The threads, otherwise, look to be undamaged. Is the curvature inside as well? If so, it might be possible to fix the fork. You would need a pipe or rod with an outside diameter that will just fit inside the fork. Forcing it inside might push the curvature back straight again. Kinda like knocking out a dent from the back side.

The head tube numbers didn't come along until the 1970s. the end of the serial does read "54" but the beginning is "H0" and thats the part you want to look at.

Oh and the rack you want might be different than the one used on the Monark. Monark was a different division at Huffman though the bikes were quite similar. Is there two holes on the top of the rear fender?

The head tube numbers didn't come along until the 1970s. the end of the serial does read "54" but the beginning is "H0" and thats the part you want to look at.

That's why I said it didn't matter. If the dropout numbers break down like the head tube numbers, they also identify which number frame it was for that year. Definitely not critical info.

Back