When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for legendary bike restorers for a new TV series

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Tell me more about National grammar day. Can spelling also be included? Can we make it a daily/hourly deal rather than once a year?

There, their, they're probably the most abused.
There - a place
Their - belongs to them
They're - a contraction for they are
"They're going there for their beer."

Allot - to allow a certain amount
A lot - as in a bunch of
alot - NOT a word
"My wife does not allot me a lot of beer because of my weight."

therefore,...
there for
"I go there for my beer, therefore I can get a volume discount."

It's no wonder that when I taught ESL students they thought English is a hard language.

Its - belongs to
It's - a contraction for it is
"My favorite joint is Joe's. It's a shame its beer is so expensive."

Now that's some funny $hit right thier. :p .... ;)

Welcome to the CABE, I'd like to see a show featuring bicycle restoration, resurrections, and fabrications.

I don't see Bob Strucil on this list, he restored my Evinrude years ago for a known collector, not a character at all but killer workmanship.

I have a Hatcher restored Hiawatha Arrow, I love the paint, pins and chrome, decals were not placed where the belong though and I find it humorous he puts his initial's on the bottom bracket.

Now for bringing a bike back from the dead @Nickinator gets my vote, what he did w/ that 1940 Huffman Big Lit Tank is nothing more than a miracle!!

-Mike

Last edited:
Here are some more characters, although they look more like "the usual suspects". The top of the list is Bike Mike Kaplan, organizer of the Dudley swap & a long time bicycle aficionado. Among his many bike related accomplishments was the remake of the iconic Bowden Spaceliner. Here is Bike Mike with @catfish & Bike Mike with @dfa242 & @ Bri in Ri.

DSC01075.JPG

DSC00477.JPG

Rather than another corny show with the typical cast of characters, ie. The ner do well sidekick and the tatted up chick, why not do something really interesting, like a show on bike culture in general?
That way, you could feature all aspects of it.
It could even be international,
There are a lot of aspects of Bike Culture.
You would never run out of interesting things and people to cover.
I can see a show about a few clowns who butcher bikes and call them restored, lasting maybe a half a season at best.
Put your money where the real action is.
It’s in and around the annual running of the Tour de France. It’s at the annual Midwest vintage bike swaps.
It’s at the BMX Strand Rides, it’s following the inner city bike messengers around for a day.
Mountain Bike Mecca up in Fairfax.
Attend a Sunday ride with the Cyclone Coaster Vintage Bike Ride.
You’ll see plenty of characters there.
Get the idea?
There is a rich culture out there that have made the bicycle, their way of life.
Go find them, and you’ll find the characters you’re looking for.
People think, that Mike, Frank and Danielle are the stars of American Pickers, but the real stars that keep the viewers tuning in from week to week, are the places and people they visit.
You definitely need a charismatic host, but the focus of the show should be on the people and places that make up the Worlds Bike Culture.

Last edited:
Talk to Bob in Socal classic schwinn knoweledge with a real charector twist and hands on everything from pick to paint

Be fun to interview Steve Castelli..... Or get a debate with hobby king Mr. Leon Dixon ..... but the real deal would have been with Larry and Harvey at Memory Lane ...... Mike Fitzsimmons, Bob Strucel, Mike Spangler and maybe if you really wanted to put on a show Pat Cafferro .... then you wouldnt be talking classic bikes but could cover new material with out the owner of cabe Scott McKaskey or Mark Mattei of Cyclesmitty in Chicago Jerry Herron and Lisa Trumble who you could say the three (with Scott) hold the hobby together

I would recommend Scott McCaskey, Jerry Peters, Jerry Berg, Bob Strucel, Keith Kodish, Pat Cafaro, Rudy Contratti, Nate Pence ....,just to name a few. Lots of good options out there.

Tim Newmeyer

Back