When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for legendary bike restorers for a new TV series

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A very good candidate for a program like this would be Keith Dean. He was very active here in Calif in the
80s and 90s restoring the full gamut of vintage balloon tire bicycles and at considerably high levels of
accuracy and quality. I believe he is still somewhat active in the restoration biz, but a broader brush
stroke than just bicycles. I'm sure a wealth of knowledge and background, and also history as for
a while he was the 'go to' guy for most of the collectors on the West Coast and put out a very
high volume of work and was able to maintain high standards despite the work load.

Another current restorer who has been at the restoration game for a long time is Bob Strucel in Michigan...super knowledgable
and very nice dude.

At first it sounded interesting but then I thought. Here we go, another half BS "reality" show about so called restorations etc. Done the way the TV producers want it done not the full truth. Half assed over inflated so called restorations like Dale whats his name in Las Vegas for Rick of Pawn Stars. I would hate to see some of the talented, admired and very knowledgable members we have here get jerked around. Naaah.

Last edited:
At first it sounded interesting but then I thought. Here we go, another half BS "reality" show about so called restorations etc. Done the way the TV producers want it done not the full truth. Half assed over inflated so called restorations like Dale whats his name in Las Vegas for Rick of Pawn Stars. I would hate to see some of the talented, admired and very knowledgable members we have here get jerked around. Naaah.

well said....the media is the culprit and society at large for buying into everything they 'see on tv' or online ...
Once you are "that guy" the focus of whatever reality TV show...you're done...
Ideally you need actors to play these roles...or attention whores who thrive amidst
the ridiculousness of producers, writers and directors pulling the show one direction to the next.
I think CyclingDay summed it all up best...
A broad brush show that encompasses all aspects and 'culture' of the bicycle obsession...
and even go world wide with it touching on a variety of pursuits.
Focusing entirely on one particular bike restoration business or restoration service has a life expectancy of
what? 2 episodes?

I vote for a sit com, all actors, no reality, and a bicycle building business at whatever restoration / custom level...
and the drama of the dysfunctional characters and the business and personal dramas as a comedy.

Remember the hilarious sit com a while back? I think it was called "Ricks Restorations" and focused on
complete idiotic made up and fabricated entirely white trash buffoons who couldn't restore a clothes pin if their life depended on it?
yeah.
Something along those lines...

Last edited:
Anyone else catch the iver headbadge in the video at about 2:05 ?

Here's my endorsement!

Frank the Welder Wadelton out of Bellows Falls Vt is one of the most interesting, inspiring and capable bike mechanic - welder - fabricators I've ever met. He lives for and relishes solving difficult challenges. He's a trip to see in action!

Frank's background certainly qualifies him for legend staus. He started out in Chatsworth CA with Mongoose around 1979 welding forks and stems, 120 in one day was his record. There he designed the firm's Aftershock. Moving on to Yeti he welded and co designed their products for seven years. Moving East he established FTW Frank the Welder in 2003. Out of this location he's accomplished work for brands Spooky, Sinister,Vynl and Ben Serotta.

His current operation encompasses custom frame fabrication in aluminum and chrome moly, general fabrication and repair, e bikes, trikes, special needs vehicles and prototype design work. In his off hours time he wrenches on a myriad of interesting personal projects- I recently observed him tearing an old BSA 441 single motocrosser completely apart in a couple of hours.

Also housed in the shop are 1/2 dozen other operatons encompassing CNC machining, E and experimental vehicle development etc..

I recently got an opportunity to join the group and have established my own workshop specializing in Pre WW2 Balloon tire bicycles, parts sourcing, and repair.

Nate

I think we are already accomplishing what we think we want right here, so many great stories and interesting information at our grubby little fingertips! Once any inkling of Capitalism creeps into a concept, it begins to erode the original purpose. Long live the little guy who adds to ideas, and to all the Cabe dwellers, who are here, and all the former dwellers who preceded us. We are the movie, the series, the solution. Hooray!

I’ve been on tv a handful of times for work, so I gotta ask what channel would it appear on and who’s producing it? This just seems like a good way to artificial inflate bike prices for another few years and inspire thousands of hack job “restorations.” Maybe make a tv show about the flipping or preservation if anything

Back