When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for more info on a Donalson Jockey Cycle

-

Bike from the Dead

I live for the CABE
Earlier on this Wednesday, my dad was at a local fire museum, and I guess they had some stuff in storage they didn't want/need anymore, so they offered to just give him whatever he wanted out of what was there. Among the stuff he took home with him was a bike (that'll I'll get to next,) and this weird little old trike. I did some digging, and learned what he acquired is a "Donalson Jockey Trike," made by the J.E. Donalson Manufacturing Company sometime in the 1940s, about 1944-48. From what I've read, they didn't make a ton of these, maybe 100, before they went out of business. I'm not sure how much of this info is correct, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Dad's Jockey Cycle seems to be mostly complete, save for the handlebars and a few missing spokes on one wheel. If anyone here knows more about these Jockey Cycles, please let me know. Dad and I would both love to learn more about this curious little trike.
bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_1-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_2-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_3-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_4-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_5-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_6-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_7-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_8-jpg.jpg

bftd_ff3922_weird_trike_9-jpg.jpg

Also, here's what this thing looks like in motion, for those like me who wanted to know:

Earlier on this Wednesday, my dad was at a local fire museum, and I guess they had some stuff in storage they didn't want/need anymore, so they offered to just give him whatever he wanted out of what was there. Among the stuff he took home with him was a bike (that'll I'll get to next,) and this weird little old trike. I did some digging, and learned what he acquired is a "Donalson Jockey Trike," made by the J.E. Donalson Manufacturing Company sometime in the 1940s, about 1944-48. From what I've read, they didn't make a ton of these, maybe 100, before they went out of business. I'm not sure how much of this info is correct, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Dad's Jockey Cycle seems to be mostly complete, save for the handlebars and a few missing spokes on one wheel. If anyone here knows more about these Jockey Cycles, please let me know. Dad and I would both love to learn more about this curious little trike.
View attachment 1587050
View attachment 1587051
View attachment 1587052
View attachment 1587053
View attachment 1587054
View attachment 1587055
View attachment 1587056
View attachment 1587057
View attachment 1587058

Also, here's what this thing looks like in motion, for those like me who wanted to know:
WOW!! Too COOOL, a bike and a TRIKE.. Man some guys got all the luck.. Congrats Austin...

WOW!! Too COOOL, a bike and a TRIKE.. Man some guys got all the luck.. Congrats Austin...
I'm usually pretty good at finding great deals on bikes (I have to be since I only have so much money to play with,) but my Dad's certainly got a reputation, especially around where his shop is, for collecting rusty gold. That reputation certainly paid off this time!

Back