When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Schwinn Continental shifter cable "nipple"

-

spoon55432

On Training Wheels
I'm looking for a small part that I even have trouble describing at bike shops. 1964 Schwinn Continental had the shifters on the downtube, and the cable leaves the shifter through a small part I can only describe as a nipple. In the first photo it shows my shifters and you can see the part in place on the left and how it's missing on the right. In the second pic it shows the part. When the shifters went up to the stem it all changed. Anyone have one of these little thingies? It's the only part I'm missing on this bike.

Schwinn nipple2.jpg

Schwinn Nipple.jpg

I believe its called a cable ferrule, made to go on the ends of outer cables. In this case I don't believe it's needed.

I believe its called a cable ferrule, made to go on the ends of outer cables. In this case I don't believe it's needed.
No that's not what it is, it's a cable guide - the cable slips through the middle of it. And whether it's needed is not the point. The restore will not be complete until I find one.

Back