When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for some advice on this DX Tank

-

Junkman Bob

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello everyone
I am Hoping to get your opinon on this Tanks authenticity…. To me with the only photos available I have concerns about the way the Painted wing Is laid out … What do you Cabers think of its originality…
Does this Tank look to be repainted and artificial patina …
Thank you in advance for any and all help / advice

Bob

2F5DB26C-F2A5-45F5-889E-7C4866A10E30.jpeg

View attachment 1453709

View attachment 1453710

87F763E1-CC66-44DD-BC7D-857194DC5E3F.png

9FDAD100-7433-48ED-A55E-364CE35ABB91.png

DC158692-E93D-4DF0-A70F-299F3CEEF53C.jpeg

Last edited:
Those tank details are painted on, not decals. I'd guess the post war version may have been slightly different than the 1941 issue, but I don't see anything strange on that piece, but I'm not tank bike collector. It doesn't appear to be one of the repops either.

Would these tanks have had the typical red schwinn primer applied obviously prior to application of paint ??

Bob

Would these tanks have had the typical red schwinn primer applied obviously prior to application of paint ??

Bob
I could be wrong but I would have thought so; once any frame was done in primer I Would Think the tanks would be as well. I don't know 💯% for sure but Schwinn "quality" sucked if the tanks just got sprayed in paint without primer 🤔

Back