When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for some advice...

-
Sounds like you don’t like the act of selling part, yet don’t want to just give it all away.
Some places might have selling services, at commission, but then one would have to tag items with detailed descriptions.

Last edited:
If you are going to sell in on shot you need to make it worth it to someone willing to spend maybe a few years trying to recoup their investment. The beauty of this is its gone all at one time. Of course, as the others said, you can realize more by piecemealing it out but more time an aggravation. We never know when the end is but I hope I can liquidate my stuff a some point to save my executor a super large headache! V/r Shawn

Sounds like you don’t like selling yet don’t want to just give it all away.
Some places might have selling services, at commission, but then one would have to tag items with detailed descriptions.
I think I'm ready to let it go but ya, don't want to just give it away...

I had that realization last year when i had a 12x35 storage unit I couldnt friggin walk thru without standing on top of things and bikes I couldnt get to if I wanted to. I finally sucked it up and started posting things in groups and also giving alot of stuff away to people I felt deserved and would use some things. One thing I did was post 4-5 bikes at a time....."400 bucks for all 5 bikes" and sure enough, people showed up. I went from 48+ bikes down to around 15 and there are a few in there that need to go soon...
Best thing I did was accept that I wanted things gone now and not later so i researched what things were realistically going for and posted things 100-200 below that and all of it sold. The stuff that wouldnt sell I gave away....
Much happier now.

Back