When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for year and model of wood rim Speedwell bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ChuckMTB

On Training Wheels
My parents have had this speedwell bike hanging collecting dust in the garage for the past 40 plus years. Looking for model and year on it. Mom has asked me to find it a home and I'd like to have some history before I donate it somewhere that will appreciate it. Thanks!
20201016_143124.jpg
. Thanks.

Hi Chuck, and welcome to theCABE! neat bike, I'd place it in the early 1920's or even possibly late teens. Could you post some more pics? Closeups of details help too. This is one of those bikes that may have more value for it's rare parts than it is as a complete bike.

Appreciate the reply Dave. Damn that's old. Wow. I'll be back at moms in a couple days and will take some more detailed pics and maybe look for a S/N. Might even pick it up and take it with me. I only snapped the 4 pics today. It has a very heavy layer of dust n grime.
20201016_143128.jpg
20201016_143221.jpg
20201016_143205.jpg

I could use the chainring if you end up selling the parts. Just let me know. Thanks.

Thanks for the pics Chuck. That 3-speed is a rare one, and the even harder to find shifter is intact! Same goes for that gooseneck, the pedals and the rear fender. Overall, that's a good bike. Feel free to "donate" it to me! :laughing:

My parents have had this speedwell bike hanging collecting dust in the garage for the past 40 plus years. Looking for model and year on it. Mom has asked me to find it a home and I'd like to have some history before I donate it somewhere that will appreciate it. Thanks! View attachment 1285390. Thanks.
the 3 speed hub was a $11 option in the catalogue

Last edited:
Back