When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for year.....

-
Painted braces .. springer style.. 42ish .. that being said.. schwinn ain’t making new parts during wartime.. old bottom bracket laying around? Hell yeah they are gonna use it. That’s money.. use up that old stock ect... Especially if it’s a Chicago cycle supply Bike... they got all the weird poop. Just my guess tho ....

just noticed electro forged B.B. line ... see last post for update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Painted braces .. springer style.. late 41 42... that being said.. schwinn ain’t making new parts during wartime.. old bottom bracket laying around? Hell yeah they are gonna use it. That’s money.. use up that old stock ect... Especially if it’s a Chicago cycle supply Bike... they got all the weird &#!^... proves more the B.B. shells were stamped way ahead of time [emoji41]. Just my guess tho

Hey! Maybe I wasn't that far off after all!

And the X serials continue early post war. No Post War X serials on the list, or lists. What up wit dat? Still using up old BB shells?

img_5695-jpg.jpg

abcopy-of-img_5026-jpg.jpg

That’s a wartime bike... just noticed that the B.B. shell is postwar style EF ... look at the line of metal slag crap that prewar doesn’t have... both DX frames have it. So now I’m thinking X is a wartime early postwar something something... that B.B. shell is not from 38... and the post war DX downtube looks like it’s welded? Not EF

I've been looking at the BB shell details. Pre war slag on WetDogs 41, although it is a lot cleaner. I believe this was the time when Schwinn was experimenting with EF parts

dsc_0908-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking at the BB shell details. Pre war slag on WetDogs, although it is a lot cleaner.

View attachment 813577

Prewar technically shouldn’t have that... that’s a postwar thing. ... that’s why I’m saying above about wetdogs . It is a wartime Bike... whenever they started EF the B.B. shells ... so after 42

Back