When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for your opinion on this 37? Double bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bike.
Looks like the front forks may have been swapped, (but I probably would not worry too much about looking for an original).
I thought the forks where wrong too! How ever they do have the same original color under the blue that the frame has. Also noticed a few other fastbacks that appear to be original with this style fork. May be the lesser models that aren’t the house main brands got these forks?

The headtubes on these look almost vertical. Even a Paramount Racer has more angle than that.
Definitely is! Makes it feel very twitchy. That’s one of the reasons I was thinking about using one of the oddball style springers on the front. Definitely improves the stability feeling. My sons 1934 Snyder was the same way until I made the leaf spring front end. Moving the front wheel forward made a drastic improvement!

EABE940E-2895-4E42-9764-7E8BE7A412AB.png

FDBB57BF-C412-45B4-8955-59375C5507A3.jpeg

Definitely is! Makes it feel very twitchy. That’s one of the reasons I was thinking about using one of the oddball style springers on the front. Definitely improves the stability feeling. My sons 1934 Snyder was the same way until I made the leaf spring front end. Moving the front wheel forward made a drastic improvement!
Sure that frame isn't bent? It almost looks like a replacement Wald fork.

The headtubes on these look almost vertical. Even a Paramount Racer has more angle than that.
Hi GT!
I was looking at an early post war Schwinn dx frame this morning with Jesus. To get an idea of how different the head tube angle on this 37 is from the Schwinn head tube angle I hooked them together at there rear drop outs with the rear wheel axle. Not only is the Schwinn shorter but the head tube angle is much different.

44925FD5-BA3D-4CA5-9416-8F32B42955D9.jpeg

Back