When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for your opinion on this 37? Double bar

-
Hi GT!
I was looking at an early post war Schwinn dx frame this morning with Jesus. To get an idea of how different the head tube angle on this 37 is from the Schwinn head tube angle I hooked them together at there rear drop outs with the rear wheel axle. Not only is the Schwinn shorter but the head tube angle is much different.

View attachment 1769339

Wow, big difference in angles! And that comparison makes the double curve bar look like the head tube angle is just a couple degrees shy of vertical. Those curved double bars really do have a different somewhat strange frame geometry. All you need now is a straight fork and big chain ring so you can throw your hat in the ring! :)

1949_21.jpg

Good afternoon Caber’s
After checking the frame I found that thankfully it is straight! So I changed the tires and serviced the bearings and chain, changed the seat, and added a chain gaurd this bike now rides nice! Still getting used to the head tube angle but all in all much happier with this work in progress!

DDF6D5D0-6EBD-409A-9242-21813AD4FC2E.jpeg

Back