When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to identify Wood Rim Bike

-

gordock88

On Training Wheels
Picked this up today. Badge is missing. Looks like replacement seat and handlebars. Really not a bike guy but after a few for the collection. Took a stab at it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

99D3195A-5D7F-4AF1-AD13-31DDD8050DD7.jpeg

9D463DDE-2C13-411E-ADA4-42625E30D343.jpeg

7E72BB8F-EE3E-4E30-B076-D91FA8AD009A.jpeg

757F1772-C620-4126-98CF-FBFBC98E6C52.jpeg

6E891A0D-EB9C-4DE7-8583-D30FC43ADB07.jpeg

B5B775E3-6729-4D02-A8E3-31EE0814584C.jpeg

28BE1832-3706-45AE-9A38-6CE5583BED96.jpeg

Later 30's ladies saddle, frame & forks look bent. Rear chain adjusters look interesting...

Last edited:
looks TOC, early 1900's.

as pointed out, the frame and fork are bent, both the top tube and the down tube.
1920's Troxel ladies saddle.

The center of the chain wheel, on the drive side can tell a lot, for example if it is solid, and not slotted. Maybe a couple photos of the other side.

Looks like it has motor bike style handlebar also.

Also, what is up with the rear steer in the background?

Patric may have an idea or two, @hoofhearted

I had thought Columbia / Pope, but the chain wheel doesn't seem right.

What is the badge hole (screw) spacing?

I’ve got a ratty set of period rat traps and maybe even a jobber badge to finish it off!
A carcass of a period men’s saddle would prob look good too over the nice ladies saddle on it-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks TOC, early 1900's.

as pointed out, the frame and fork are bent, both the top tube and the down tube.
1920's Troxel ladies saddle.

The center of the chain wheel, on the drive side can tell a lot, for example if it is solid, and not slotted. Maybe a couple photos of the other side.

Looks like it has motor bike style handlebar also.

Also, what is up with the rear steer in the background?

Patric may have an idea or two, @hoofhearted

I had thought Columbia / Pope, but the chain wheel doesn't seem right.

Stover Phoenix tandem is in the background. Have the wood rims for it. Ill try and get more photos of the other side for you.

What is the badge hole (screw) spacing?

I’ve got a ratty set of period rat traps and maybe even a jobber badge to finish it off!
A carcass of a period men’s saddle would prob look good too over the nice ladies saddle on it-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill have to see if i can get that spacing today. If i decide to make something of it, ill let you know. Might be a fun project.

Back