When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to positively ID this frame.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WillWork4Parts

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just bought this frame, with another Klunker build in mind. Was thinking post war Columbia when I saw the shape of the top tubes, headtube, and large seatpost(turned out to be 13/16").

IMG_20220420_1700226.jpg

Then I realized the downtube is straight, it has drop stand ears(similar to CWC?), a funky upper fender bridge, and seat tube pinch bolt that is centered in the seat stays. Should make it prewar...
IMG_20220420_1713131.jpg

IMG_20220420_1713358.jpg

IMG_20220420_1712362.jpg

IMG_20220420_1712515.jpg

IMG_20220420_1710367.jpg

IMG_20220420_1710178.jpg

Has twist rivet marks in holes. Columbia brass headbadge doesn't quite fit and what I think is a Dayton/Huffman Firestone badge doesn't fit either.
IMG_20220420_1702303.jpg

IMG_20220420_1720580.jpg

The reproduction Columbia tank doesn't fit(frame hole too long) and the tubing really is quite beefy even thought the frame has rust bad enough to cause a few "skylights." Lol
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Maybe middle to late 1930’s Snyder.
What is the serial number?

14–EH would likely be 1941 and reflect manufacture at Snyder’s Excelsior Michigan City Indiana factory.

About that time Montgomery Ward started to sell the curved down tube version of the Snyder streamlined motorbike frames; so maybe Snyder off-loaded the older straight tube frame bicycles to smaller hardware store customers?
Maybe a hardware store head badge?

One might check inside the head tube to ascertain if a refurbishment added new badge fastening holes and filled in any other holes?

Notice 2 different stamps for the number “1” or was the screwdriver one the letter “I”?

No predictions, but a “G” stamp might be for Goodyear or Goodrich?

Last edited:
Sorry, of all things I managed to take a picture of...I forgot to post the S/N.
IMG_20220419_2341092.jpg

Snyder/Rollfast seems to be it, but what badge and year? The Rollfast badges I just spotted in that era, the rivets are on the little sides, not up and down.

Maybe middle to late 1930’s Snyder.
What is the serial number?

14–EH would likely be 1941 and reflect manufacture at Snyder’s Excelsior Michigan City Indiana factory.

About that time Montgomery Ward started to sell the curved down tube version of the Snyder streamlined motorbike frames; so maybe Snyder off-loaded the older straight tube frame bicycles to smaller hardware store customers?
Maybe a hardware store head badge?

One might check inside the head tube to ascertain if a refurbishment added new badge fastening holes and filled in any other holes?

Notice 2 different stamps for the number “1” or was the screwdriver one the letter “I”?

No predictions, but a “G” stamp might be for Goodyear or Goodrich?
Sorry, I just realized you edited your post. I think it's 14-LH....and yeah that oddly stamped G. The upper and lower stamps are different size fonts. Could be an I...can't say I've ever had another Snyder of this era to compare to. The important part is Snyder built bikes had the year inverse stamped in the S/N right?

I've got a couple department store badges that look like they'll work. They're basic aluminum though and more likely post war. I might try to mount one anyways and look for patched holes from the inside. The outside doesn't look modified/blended except for the dent on the back of that super thick head tube.

Back