When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost History........damaged in shipping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bikeflights!!!!!! = Fedex ground. Your expecting some teenage kid to pack your stuff properly at a UPS store your just asking for trouble. I have 19 years at UPS and wouldn’t use them for shipping my bike stuff. If you have to use them go huge on the packing materials and make sure your item doesn’t move in the box.

It happed to me with the same sign/clock. Fortunately I was able to repair the 8-10” crack. Bought from a CABE member, this was was packed tight but the plastic is just very brittle.
At this point you barely notice it and when lit up it fine.

View attachment 738083

View attachment 738084

View attachment 738085

View attachment 738086

Sorry to hear. Must be the damn sign. Honest to God. I also had the same sign/clock smashed to hell on it's way to me about 14 years ago.

Last edited:
A friend had a UPS bike shipped with the tire truck mark across the crushed box. You can guess what the bike looked like...

Thanks again for the advice @IngoMike @cyclingday & @kirk thomas

Just got mine unpacked today. It was delivered Friday but I was in mammoth snowboarding. Seller took the transformer out and took the bulb out.

DCE9C377-43D8-49C0-93A1-0A2ECF4E2BC2.jpeg

It came with the original box. I had him double box it.

NOS rollfast clock.

9B1378FC-6986-4B56-9FD7-C370C1EB88BC.jpeg

565E6EA1-E168-4824-870B-2C892A520D3A.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad to hear, it arrived unscathed, Alec.
Just for future reference.
YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE TRANSFORMER TO SHIP ONE OF THESE PLASTIC CLOCK/SIGNS!
You can pack it any way you like, but it won't make a difference, if you leave the transformer unsecured.

Sorry for your loss.
Had a whizzer motor shipped to me securely in a wood box, still snapped off the cast iron exhaust elbow. Dang uncareful Couriers!

Last edited:
Whenever I ship something VERY fragile I line the box with 1/8" hardboard, then I bubble wrap like hell. Do not leave any room in box for item to move around.

That`s sad to hear. So now what do you do.? UPS has more money than God. They really d`not care. They will say, oh well, things happen. Hopefully you will find another one in better condition and for less money. So, all the packing in the world is not always the answer, when it comes to forklifts. Yep, some dummy drove the forks through a package of glass I was receiving. And yep, UPS tried to deliver to me in that condition. That is lot of ba!!!s.

Back