Louisville Elgin blu...

This ad disappears when logged in

Kato

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 10, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
This guys phone probably self destructed.

Badbob was probably camped out on his front lawn when he woke up this morning.
I've been trying to get in touch via text / call.....no luck.
Info was shared over on RatRodBikes site also..........one of their members has been in contact with the owner.
It'll be interesting to see how this one will shake out. Hopefully who ever gets it will share info afterwards.

stoney

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 19, 2013
Fuquay Varina, NC, United States
Here we go again. That bike looks familiar. Has it been tossed around on here before?

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
Seems like it might be legit. Looks like @TRM has a good chance of getting it. Be sure to post pics!

"I have been talking with him since yesterday after you posted it. He's pretty stunned by the overwhelming response that it has created! I gave him a little bit of history about the bike and its value as a sought after rare collectible, he didn't have any idea. "

saladshooter

I live for the CABE
Nov 30, 2014
Littleton, CO
I talked with him at length (I like the way he talks). Super nice guy. Told me someone from California was trying to call while he was talking to me. Said people were driving over to the cross streets listed on Craigslist and trying to figure out where he was.

Said he traded an old Chevy pickup for it a couple years ago with a fella he trades back and forth with. Sometimes he gets the better end of the deal, sometimes the other fella does. His wife said he needed to clean up around the place. Good times. Well worth the call.

TRM

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 21, 2014
N.E. Alabama
Yep, very genuine humble guy. He was taking it to show it to an older man that wasn't wanting to buy it, but just wanted to see it in person. He had no idea what he was starting when he posted it, his phone is blowing up!

fordmike65

Mar 4, 2012
East Los
I talked with him at length (I like the way he talks). Super nice guy. Told me someone from California was trying to call while he was talking to me. Said people were driving over to the cross streets listed on Craigslist and trying to figure out where he was.

Said he traded an old Chevy pickup for it a couple years ago with a fella he trades back and forth with. Sometimes he gets the better end of the deal, sometimes the other fella does. His wife said he needed to clean up around the place. Good times. Well worth the call.
That was probably me;)

Iverider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 24, 2010
Bloomington, United States
That's about 10 minutes from my parents house. I left a message, but have no hope that it'll still be available.

cyclingday

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
He says, it's been a crazy day.
People calling from all over the United States.
He's been offered as much as $6,500 for it so far.
So, it sounds like it's still available.
If any of you guys are anywhere near Louisville, I'd show up with a wad of cash, and I'll bet you'll go home with a genuine Elgin Bluebird.
Money in hand is always a good motivating influence.

slick

Apr 1, 2010
Modesto,Ca.
Hopefully it gets parted out. I need those pedals. Which aren't correct anyways. Lol

fordmike65

Mar 4, 2012
East Los
He says, it's been a crazy day.
People calling from all over the United States.
He's been offered as much as $6,500 for it so far.
So, it sounds like it's still available.
If any of you guys are anywhere near Louisville, I'd show up with a wad of cash, and I'll bet you'll go home with a genuine Elgin Bluebird.
Money in hand is always a good motivating influence.
Looks like the offers have gone up. Last I heard from him was $5500. Super nice older gentleman that's more interested in it going to the right home than squeezing every last dollar out of it. Said after trading it for a beat pick-up, it's been lying around the backyard and front porch for over 2 years. He only listed it because his wife insisted he get rid of that junky bike. Bet she's singing another tune now! Best of luck to him.

SKPC

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
These bikes don't flip my switch really, but to each his/her own. Poor guy has to get all stressed out now but might get some money in his pocket!:p...
Wonder what is under the housepaint...

Last edited:

Kato

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 10, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Post deleted..........hopefully worked out well for seller and buyer !!

cyclingday

Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
Yeah,
When the first guy to respond to the ad, told the seller to add another zero to the price.
The $500 dollar Craigslist Bluebird wasn't happening.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture