When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low Marks For Pictures, Description & Price

-
Most over rated and so often 'buyer beware' bicycle in the hobby. Whoopie, a 'wwII bike'... olive drab paint on base model dayton/ columbia bikes
with some 'war time' features... then ridiculous price tags.
>yawn<

In your opinion! Those bikes and the people that rode them during WWII all contributed to your freedom. I cannot speak for others, however that is a big reason that I collect them. In my estimation the bicycles that were used, Military and/or civilian, during our greatest conflict are the greatest bicycles bar none. And, I do not want anyone to think that I am putting down any other bicycle that anyone wishes to collect as they are all wonderful !!! I will finish at that, as I need to take a very cold shower until my blood stops boiling!

Regards and stand for Our Flag!
Bill

Last edited:
The bike may be way over priced.. But the shipping is a deal. Only $3.95 !!!

In your opinion! Those bikes and the people that rode them during WWII all contributed to your freedom. I cannot speak for others, however that is a big reason that I collect them. In my estimation the bicycles that were used, Military and/or civilian, during our greatest conflict are the greatest bicycles bar none. And, I do not want anyone to think that I am putting down any other bicycle that anyone wishes to collect as they are all wonderful !!! I will finish at that, as I need to take a very cold shower until my blood stops boiling!

Regards and stand for Our Flag!
Bill

by no means am I denegrating the service these bicycles or the men that rode them provided in yes, indeed the most
honorable conflict the US ever engaged in. There is plenty of WWII collectible stuff that is reasonably priced,
and as unique as these bicycles are, I guess I just don't get the numbers I see them listed for. It's a niche 'cross over' military hobbyist market
for certain and that explains much of what I see in dollar figures. Regardless it's great to see them preserved
and highly sought after by that unique group of collectors. Enjoy the hobby!

Back