When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*lower Price* 1940 Firestone/dayton/huffman Twin-flex With Lights In Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

z-bikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This would be the Firestone version of the Dayton Huffman Twin-Flex. This bike was assembled from 1940 parts that were incorrectly mounted on a 38/39 TF frame. The 40 frame had some pitting so I had it sandblasted then I painted it with Valspar primer from an auto paint store. Additional coats of filler primer were used with sanding between coats to smooth everything out. Some spot putty was used to fill the last of the pits and then sanded before a last coat of primer. Pretty much everything is there to complete this project. Not shown but included are original 40 wheels, Firestone whitewalls, horn button, chain and repop lenses. Seat is an uncommon Troxel Airtex with additional padding correct for this model. Rear carrier supports are too long for the TF, a fairly simple fix. Fender braces are new from John and are perfect. Fenders are very nice and have the correct ornament. I believe I have all of the correct hardware for the front and rear suspension.

Asking $5K. For the full asking price I will swap some items with the parts in the second picture, rechromed sprocket, same braces but fresh cadmium plating, rechromed top spring retainer, new chromed rear bezel, and new taillight assembly. Shipping additional and may require 2 boxes to protect the sheet metal. If interested send a PM.

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

Last edited:
You can loan me the money and I will buy it.
Seriously I'd love to own it as I'm sure a lot if others would.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back