When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lozier built Cleveland, model 29

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
System Administrator
Hey all... I just acquired this bike and and would like to see a catalog page that shows this thing, if anyone might have such a thing? Pre 1900, according to info previously posted about the Cleveland brand.

Thanks!

photoframe.JPG

label.JPG

crank and pedal with clips.JPG

photocrank.JPG

Well, it's not a 1899, I have one of those and a catalog. All the 1899's were model numbered to 60-72. I'm guessing it have to be a 1897 or 98

Well, it's not a 1899, I have one of those and a catalog. All the 1899's were model numbered to 60-72. I'm guessing it have to be a 1897 or 98

Interesting... I have a copy of the '95 catalog (I had a '95 model 18), it shows the range of 16-21 for model numbers. I guess they just added on new numbers for each year.

My paint was not near as nice as yours but the nickel plating was very nice and the grips were great.

Hi Dave,

I can help you out here on your bike re: the model #29.

:} What you have is a "Factory Racer" for 1897. It appears that your pedals are correct but seat is wrong.

Your bike should have the factory #4 bars supplied to the bike. You can see them on my model #29 ( white bike )

Here are some pics from the 1897 catalogue. Let me know if you would like to see more pics etc …..

Bill
corbettclassics

> as you can see, my bike was repainted white at one time and restoration to start soon. But it is all factory correct!

L1110583.JPG

L1160263.jpg

L1160262.jpg

L1160269.jpg

L1160266.jpg

L1110583.JPG

L1160263.jpg

L1160262.jpg

L1160269.jpg

L1160266.jpg

Hi Dave,

I can help you out here on your bike re: the model #29.

:} What you have is a "Factory Racer" for 1897. It appears that your pedals are correct but seat is wrong.

Your bike should have the factory #4 bars supplied to the bike. You can see them on my model #29 ( white bike )

Here are some pics from the 1897 catalogue. Let me know if you would like to see more pics etc …..

Bill
corbettclassics

> as you can see, my bike was repainted white at one time and restoration to start soon. But it is all factory correct!

Thanks for the scans and info Bill. Model 29, no disputing the # match, but I'm a bit confused because the literature here does illustrate the sprocket I have either. My handlebars are shown in the '95 catalog as "reversible" type, "new for '95", and my bike appears to have the straight seat post also illustrated in '95. Is it possible my bike is a '96, and that they were strangely using the model number two years in a row? The fact that my bike has so many parts that don't match the literature, yet are legitimate equipment on prior/other Cleveland models has me questioning. Of course, a Cleveland dealer at the time could have switched these parts around.

Bill,

Reading the pages you posted, I see that there were gearing and handlebar options. Could you please post the pages that show the gearing, or was it not illustrated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back