When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lozier built Cleveland, model 29

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
How early did d&j hangers go? I was under the assumption 96 was when they originated but I don't know where I got that number. I'll dig into some literature.

Last edited:
Dave S's Model 29
image.jpeg

Dave C's Unknown model Cleveland
Noted Differences seat post tube lugging and quilled stem.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
There are some differences. I think the lugging on Dave S's is older. I bet we can narrow down when Cleveland started using d&j hangers.

Last edited:
...gee, I'm glad I just enjoy a bike for what it looks like at the moment.... Badge, no badge, complete, not complete, clean, dirty, dinged, perfect....

Hi Dave,

I can help you out here on your bike re: the model #29.

:} What you have is a "Factory Racer" for 1897. It appears that your pedals are correct but seat is wrong.

Your bike should have the factory #4 bars supplied to the bike. You can see them on my model #29 ( white bike )

Here are some pics from the 1897 catalogue. Let me know if you would like to see more pics etc …..

Bill
corbettclassics

> as you can see, my bike was repainted white at one time and restoration to start soon. But it is all factory correct!

great info Bill
but if you read your documentation carefully, model 29 can be built as a "racer" or a "light roadster" so without the rest of the equiment on Dave's or David's bikes, you can't conclude it to be a "factory racer" simply my the model #

The Model #29 is sold as a "Racer" as described. Should you prefer it as a light roadster, then the options are offered such as longer cranks and different bars. But, it is self explanatory that the catalogue shows
the Model #29 as the Racer. The front page showing and describing a #29 is not listed as a "Light Roadster" made in to a Racer if you like. This is how I see the 1897 Cleveland Model #29 - A "Racer".

L1160263.jpg

You are correct in saying though that Dave's bike could be made as a "Light Roadster" as someone may have changed things.

Dave -- does it have 6-1/2" cranks or the longer cranks 6-3/4 or 7" ??

Last edited:
Back