When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Luxury Liner... the less known one. Pretty nice original find.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
IMG_5961[1].JPG

Here is another Craigs List find. This was a bike I wanted badly, so I was willing to drive all damn day to get her. Thanks to the Great Punkin for telling me it was up on the List.

IMG_5952[1].JPG

Things often look better from a distance. This is not the case for this old gal.

IMG_5962[1].JPG

This came from the grand daughter of the original owner.

IMG_5963[1].JPG

This chain guard was perfect when I got it home. It was a mystery on how it got bonked. It was, in a roundabout way, my own fault that this was sabotaged.

IMG_5964[1].JPG

I have seen these as middleweights, but I did not know these were also ballooners!

IMG_5966[1].JPG

AND she rides like the wind! Ur... maybe a heavy, single speed wind.

IMG_5958[1].JPG

I had an original 1948 Luxury Liner that I loved until the re-pop's came out .. it was unique & quite rare before the re-pop .. still to this day look for an all original one .. not that common at all . I sold it long ago to a friend once the re-pops came out ... I like this model much better & this is a rare one too ... Roadmaster had some great bicycles back then .. great find & a keeper ..

I had an original 1948 Luxury Liner that I loved until the re-pop's came out .. it was unique & quite rare before the re-pop .. still to this day look for an all original one .. not that common at all . I sold it long ago to a friend once the re-pops came out ... I like this model much better & this is a rare one too ... Roadmaster had some great bicycles back then .. great find & a keeper ..

I Have an original of the 1948 design, and when completing it, I took the low road and used repop fenders, guard and rack. I dislike it now and am likely to broom it because of the repop tin. I guess I am getting picky. (BTW Did Roadmaster make a 48 style middleweight?)

I think that repop was pretty nice and because that it is nice, it hurts the hobby, the parts finding their way into many original bikes. Now there are 3 times as many complete "original" bikes competing with the true survivors.

Bad reproductions do not hurt... the Raleigh chopper MK 3 was at best a hint of the original bike. Nothing except tires were interchangeable. The Krate bikes were nice in 98 and 99, but became terrible later on. LOTS of sting ray bikes out there with 1999 springers being called Krates.

Back