When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Macy's own brand , Cyclone by Columbia ladies bicyle . Need help figuring out what I have.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Is there any value in them ?
When were they produced?
your bike is late 1950's, early 1960's. It is more valuable than any similar bike you could buy through a big box store and will last longer.

The two I showed, the purple one is a 1952 (a deluxe model with a locking fork), the blue one is a 1949.

Where would I find the correct parts? Or are they all the same ?
Columbia will help with info on the bicycle as an assembly.
Bendix would be the search word for the parts or information on the coaster brake hub; but parts may be a tough find.
Bendix6r.jpg

The coaster brake hub may shed some light on the date; the visible red band indicates 1961 or later.
Bendix7r.jpg

If the brake arm (on the left side) is stamped "RB2" for the improved red-band-two, that may indicate a 1963 or later bike.
The illustrated diagrams are helpful for those with mechanical aptitude to put things back together, the way they were taken apart, and who don't mind the dirty greasy work.
I believe the coaster-brake "clutch" was an important invention in bicycles, adopted in motorcycles and automobiles.
It appears that the drive screw (worm gear) is only intermittently pulling the clutch to drive the hub forward.
The diagrams fail to show the effects of hardened grease (likely), and broken or worn-out parts (less likely on a girl's bike).

Last edited:
your bike is late 1950's, early 1960's. It is more valuable than any similar bike you could buy through a big box store and will last longer.

The two I showed, the purple one is a 1952 (a deluxe model with a locking fork), the blue one is a 1949.
Thank you for the dates, still can't find another like it. Lol

Thank you for the dates, still can't find another like it. Lol
yours is probably 1961 to 1963. If on the coaster brake arm it has RB2, it is a 1963.

It's a nice little bike, not much value, but it has a great look and was built to last.

The brake problem, if it is that, should be an easy fix for someone. I don't think you can go wrong keeping it. It will never make you rich, but it will always look classic.

So ,
I picked up another vintage bike with the single red line bindex with the intentions of parting it out. But .....I like this bike too!
I hate having to make choices.

20190720_130511.jpg

And this one ...
Anyone have any info on either of them ?

View attachment 1032952
The purple bike is a Schwinn, probably a Hollywood, built in Chicago, the serial number will tell you the year. (There's a list of numbers at the head of the "All Things Schwinn" forum.) The red bike is later, built after Schwinn moved most of it's production off shore, probably built in Taiwan during the mid-to-late '80's. If there's a 4 digit number stamped on the head badge, the last digit will be the year of the bike, "5" for 1985, "6" for 1986, and so on.

The purple bike is a Schwinn, probably a Hollywood, built in Chicago, the serial number will tell you the year. (There's a list of numbers at the head of the "All Things Schwinn" forum.) The red bike is later, built after Schwinn moved most of it's production off shore, probably built in Taiwan during the mid-to-late '80's. If there's a 4 digit number stamped on the head badge, the last digit will be the year of the bike, "5" for 1985, "6" for 1986, and so on.
Thank you !

Back