When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Macy's own brand , Cyclone by Columbia ladies bicyle . Need help figuring out what I have.

-
Serial may be on the left rear drop out--where the axle is. Not much money in these. Like you suspected a base model bike and not really collectible. I suspect your problem is in the rear hub and not the crank. These are easy to service/rebuild and shouldn't take much to make a good rider. V/r Shawn

Is there an oil port in the rear hub? If so, a couple drops of light weight oil may help the situation.

As others have said, it's not really a collectible bike. If it has a New Departure rear hub, I can almost guarantee it has a bad transfer spring.
Would make a solid rider with the hub fixed.

As others have said, it's not really a collectible bike. If it has a New Departure rear hub, I can almost guarantee it has a bad transfer spring.
Would make a solid rider with the hub fixed.
Where would I find the correct parts ?
I can not find anything about a cyclone anywhere ?
Or are they all the same ?

Where would I find the correct parts ?
I can not find anything about a cyclone anywhere ?
Or are they all the same ?

Looks like your rear hub is a Bendix red band. The early ones had an oil port, (screw) for oiling but the later 1961 and up models didn't. Your bike was manufactured by Columbia and the badge and model name was just for Macy's. Use Columbia for your search looking of basic info and parts.

Yep, Bendix red band hub. I looked again and could see it in one of the pics. Allergies are so bad I missed it the first time.
I've rebuilt lots of New Departure hubs and some others, but never rebuilt a Bendix, so I'm not familiar with them.
Sometimes old, hard grease will cause a hub to not work, and if that's the case, some oil may help free it up as GT mentioned above.

Back