When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made some frames....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_2276.JPG

Well w
Cool! You sending them with the frames or already affixed? You have a good thing going and should promote...
Well, I have a very small bike brand and my partner makes the frames, he is an excellent welder and I am not. I have a long way to go, I have made 47 TIG welded frames and figure I need to get to 100 before my skills improve to the "good" category. Welding round tubing is much harder than welding two flat pieces so it takes time. Also, mitering the tubes well is very important. We have sold 5 made in USA bikes inthe last 7 years and sold near 200 bikes we had made in Tiawan in 6 1/2 years, so we're not really incentivised to make more frames. I always knew they were a flagship product, we do better making stems and bars etc. I am doing this just for the skill building, I sell the frames for 250.00 which is cheap and reflects the quality of what you're getting.

Hex bar frames. Your welding skills need some more practice but you’re building skills are great. Maybe team up with a long time welder for awhile and learn from him/her. If you try building with aluminum even a tech school that requires x amount of welding classes is hard to get right. Plus the cost of a welder. Keep on rolling USA needs more people that aren’t afraid to try what you’re doing

Back