When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maintenance

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, standing on the ground I have to part my boys around the bar. Is the frame 24 or 25"? I've heard it described either way. I have a 32" inseam. Saw a pretty red Varsity at a junk shop in Giddings Texas Monday. Tallest frame on it too. Saw a really nice red Raliegh in Dripping Springs Texas. $20. Tall frame like my bike. Just can't get a break.

You mentioned tall being causing a longer reach. I suspected as much. Actually the reach feels OK for me. I had the use of a short framed Varsity for a few weeks one time. Seemed like shorter wheel base = less straight line stability. Back then I had a Mercier w/ taller frame. I could coast down the road standing up one foot on the saddle and one on the handlebar. Those days are long gone.

The saddle clamp can be 'reversed' so it is actually further up directly underneath the saddle ( rails will then be at bottom of clamp ) -gives you a saddle that is about 1" inch lower on the bicycle

Back