When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Taylor Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pelletman

I live for the CABE
The Worcester Historical Society claims this bike is attributed to Major Taylor. Anyone have any idea what it is?

18279004_10154514874711299_5096626554800496567_o.jpg

Looks like the last 4 letters are "ronn"

Might be an "L" two letters before the "R"

Need to study this one a little more when I have some time. ( French bike?? )

Not sure what it is.

Possibly the Worchester Telegram might have something in the newspaper archives - most likely in their daily. weekly bicycling column 1890's.

Last edited:
LOL... I know you guys have been through this aspect. Just sayin that .... the the letter before what looks loke the fist ( n ) - just might be an ( s ) and what looks like the second ( n ) might be an ( o ) the last letter being the n and a big paint chip after. Still leaves the issue of no underline graphic though. Maybe not the best theory. Still......

Several bicycles have surfaced that have been attributed to Taylor but all lack proof beyond the current owners word. It would be hard to prove. I'm not suggesting that the Worcester Historical Society is making false claims but I wonder if there is documentation with that bike. If it did belong to Taylor it would be very valuable, IMO.

Does any period account of his racing mention the marque(s) he used?

Back