When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

major taylor picture...bike id

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
got this last week, along with a few other early riders. prob the most recognized of the early or maybe any bike racer. they say taylor make a fortune and died in poverty. any one id the bike, ribbon something comes to mind or maybe i just came up with that because of the headbadge. i know he rode an orient shaft drive, and had a contract with iver. can anyone id the bike, this pics about as good as ive got.....thanks

Attachments

• major taylor 001.jpg
    major taylor 001.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 258
  • major taylor 002.jpg
    major taylor 002.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 414
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. MASSEY HARRIS SILVER RIBBON. He did ride one. Photo taken in Australia?

thanks, that must have been where i thought ribbon, just couldnt put the rest together... it was too far back in my crowded mind. i dont know where the pic was taken, it was a supplement to the police gazette 1901

It's a chainless, if that helps. I know he campaigned a few chainless bikes- I just can't remember which brands.

got this last week, along with a few other early riders. prob the most recognized of the early or maybe any bike racer. they say taylor make a fortune and died in poverty. any one id the bike, ribbon something comes to mind or maybe i just came up with that because of the headbadge. i know he rode an orient shaft drive, and had a contract with iver. can anyone id the bike, this pics about as good as ive got.....thanks

I believe Catfish got it right. And it's one version of the various bikes by Waltham Mfg. Co.

According to "BentRider" forum 2005:

Taylor promoted several brand bicycles.

2agvhbo-1.jpg

Taylor on a Waltham shaft bike.
note the similarity of bike badge, drive-shaft, shoes & background.

Checking on Waltham Mfg. Co.
"This company was a manufacturer of bicycles,motorcycles, etc.
under the brand names of Orient, Waltham and Waltham-Orient."

Last edited:
Back