When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making a Huffman Safety Streamline guard

-
So does this mean you have three Safety's now! I see where Tim is painting your big tank are you going to put the stainless trim on yours--have you made any of these? I'm still needing a set of rear TF fender braces if you get bored! V/r Shawn

trim

I would make the trim if I had a sample.
I don’t have a ’36 Streamline yet. Just have the ’36 guard for now.

I need the blue faced Clipper speedometer, so I am making some of them.
2013-01-07_13-22-58_358.jpg

2013-01-07_13-22-58_358.jpg

That guard looks great John. I have a girls bike with the trim pieces. They are on my dads girls Dayton twin flex. I will try and remember to ge some good picture of them.

And I'm with Shawn I also need a set of twin flex braces if you need another project. Thanks for all your great craftsmanship on remaking these impossible to find parts to complete our projects.

That guard looks great John. I have a girls bike with the trim pieces. They are on my dads girls Dayton twin flex. I will try and remember to ge some good picture of them.

Based on my best guesses I think the trim is about 5/16" wide. for the tank it looks like it runs in between the two tanks scews which would make it about 22 3/4" and the chainguard would be about 9 1/2" based on what I can tell in the literature in the Huffman book. V/r Shawn

I think he's thinking it would be easiest if he had a piece in his hands.
John, you should get together with Jim (Jaf/CO) he's thinking the same kind of things on this subject. no reason for both of you to go off on your own.
just a thought.

Back