When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making a Sears Chief chain ring

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have two originals with out the D
20150312_033859.jpg

Not sure what you mean by the step down. If you point it out I will correct it.

John, if the first pic is one you produced I am interested in type of metal used and procedure to patinize it, also can I see the shop next time I come out? Rick

There is a ring around the outer edge with scallops between the each connecting point, (think profile) then there is an inverse curve which rises up to a somewhat "flat" section before dropping down to the teeth. This "flat" section on mine is 1/32". I think that over the production period, there will be variations in the stampings? Also, pics tend not to tell the entire story.
Carry on John!!

you can also tell by the slight rolling of all of the edges caused by stamping that the new one doesn't have.

That roll is on both sides. I think when it gets polished for plating it will have the same look. I will post after plating.

Jeez!!! New technology and customs tools. What can't we reproduced. Killer chainring John.

I'm looking for an original or repro Sears Chief sprocket. Was the originals skiptooth?

Thanks!

Back