When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making sure yer buying a non stolen!

-
A swing bike was recovered by the swing bike comunity. My friend recovered his Cushman through the Illinois Transportation Department and a Whizzer was recovered by Whizzer guys. The stamped numbers mean something other than year identification. I am trying to get all my motorized bikes titled. They are not furniture. This is grand theft auto. Most thefts are for a quick turnaround, which means electronics that are easy to carry.
Did you hear about a kid that stole a mail truck late at night and drove it past a cop whom knew that mail was not delivered that late. Bikes are brought to bike stores. In my town they call the police when the guy looks like a bum. How do you fence it--modern or antique? We should all have pictures of our bikes so we can protect each other. There should be some fear of burglary but robing bikes is more work than they can handle. I am setting up an outdoor security system now. When I am finished I will share what I learned.

Last edited:
see if the serial number is ground off, i bought one of my DXs without a serial number, never saw any lost ads so it was probably stolen decades ago

Its always a good idea to put some form of identification into a snack bag and put it in the handlebars.If you have the bike stolen you can prove it is your by removing the grip and showing your proof.

Good idea! And if you get hungry....

Last edited:
Back