When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manta Ray produced in 1970 value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had a beautiful Dec. 1970 "Silver Mist" Manta-Ray that I sold for some good money, pre-1971 color but I would think that a 1971 Dec."Silver Mist" Rear Disc Brake would probably bring the Top Dollar for Manta-Ray's.

Just wondering if a 1971 manta ray would have increased value if produced in 1970? It has an MF serial number so December1970. I assume it would be considered more rare and one if the first ones produced. If value does increase... by about how much? Thanks John
My experience has been that it depends on what the buyer wants and how badly

Manta Rays were 1971-1972 production years only regardless of Date Stamping.
Sunset Orange paint was not available until the 1973 model year.
A common misconception is that Sunset Orange was only available in 1973, but that is not the case. I see guys on eBay often using that as a way to squeeze too much money out of handgrips and seats.
Kinda irritating that people do that to other enthusiasts.
Probably why I am not making tons of money on parts.
On the other hand, I do sleep well at night and wake up respecting myself in the morning.

Just wondering if a 1971 manta ray would have increased value if produced in 1970? It has an MF serial number so December1970. I assume it would be considered more rare and one if the first ones produced. If value does increase... by about how much? Thanks John

The serial number date is not a build date, frame or otherwise. The bike was built at a minimum of 30 days after the serial date. December serial numbers were on the bikes that were built in the next year, so not worth a dime more.

I gotta say, I am really enjoying riding this thing.....it's equally, if not more enjoyable looking at it.....I risk divorce if I push my wife to hang it in my house

Manta Ray.jpg

When you’re 67 years old and have a bike list this, it’s sort of surrender, your bargaining power

Back