When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manton & Smith made "Endurance Flyer" Western Tire Auto Stores... with locking fork!

-

chitown

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just picked up this beaut. I've already done a basic breakdown and cleaning. Older repaint (last 10-15 yrs???) with just red and silver over the chrome parts. I'm taking off some of the silver paint to see the condition of the chrome or what's left of chrome. I wasn't sure if the fork was original but after removing, it appears original. Ward Riverside 26x2.125 tires have some cracking but hold air. Rims and hubs painted silver. Rear rack is interesting because there are no rear braces except a bracket connecting it to the fender. The rack was welded and needs some grinding/body work.

Any feedback or catalog pics would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Manton_Smith.jpg
Manton_Smith-01.jpg
Manton_Smith-02.jpg
Manton_Smith-08.jpg
Manton_Smith-16.jpg
Manton_Smith-18.jpg

Manton_Smith.jpg

Manton_Smith-01.jpg

Manton_Smith-02.jpg

Manton_Smith-08.jpg

Manton_Smith-16.jpg

Manton_Smith-18.jpg

Last edited:
western tire manton & smith

IMG_1724_CR2b_zps345f5915-1.jpg
anyone have any ligature or catalogs from western tire and auto store, not western auto

IMG_1724_CR2b_zps345f5915-1.jpg

Chitown, I got a copy of a Manton and Smith catalog from a member here, shows bikes similar to yours with MS badges. PM me and I'll send his e-mail address. Rick

I'd love to see some catalog pics of this. My email is [email protected]

I haven't seen this type of rack in any lit though. It's all disassembled right now and going for a full resto. Thanks to member "bike" for the front loader Delta.

Anybody guess on the year? I'm thinking pre-war/early forties???

Here is it's brother I'm using as reference. Under the badge looks like an off white/ivory like the blue one. Wish I could find a tank!

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...-Badged-Manton-amp-Smith-Western-Tire-Bicycle

image_zpscaff155cjpeg-1.jpg

image1_zps1b423a10jpeg-1.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot find them or I would have offered that. Rick

Hold the phone I made another pass through the closet and found them. Rick

Back