When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marathon "oversized" crank information please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Less wear: the design trade-off, (besides the sprockets), may be a longer chain (more piece-parts).

The title refers to oversize cranks and it looks like the Marathon chain rings may interface with fairly common cranks, or were the cranks oversize too (?).
We are familiar with long cranks (e.g., 180mm and 7"), but I have also seen old cranks with oversize threads, (requiring cones, nuts, washers, with oversize threads).

Less wear: the design trade-off, (besides the sprockets), may be a longer chain (more piece-parts).

The title refers to oversize cranks and it looks like the Marathon chain rings may interface with fairly common cranks, or were the cranks oversize too (?).
We are familiar with long cranks (e.g., 180mm and 7"), but I have also seen old cranks with oversize threads, (requiring cones, nuts, washers, with oversize threads).

The correct 80-T Marathon ring that I own is holed for
the Westfield Double-D. Takes standard Westfield ..
double-d .. bayonet style .. non dog-leg .. adult-male
crank, and hardware.

It has a light coating of toasty rust ... is slightly out of
alignment ... is not egg-shape out of alignment ... the
teeth are sharp by design .. they are not worn.

Half-Inch Pitch.

Had it for years ... now I have other big rings that really
dial my peepers in to tractor-beam. No longer have an
interest in this relic.

..... patric

Last edited:
What is the comparison in size between the marathon and the racycle's largest crank/ring?

I am wanting to buy a Marathon crank and parts, will take information as well to bikes used on.

I am looking for information as well as parts, I need to have years, models, and types of crank/bottom ends available to help us.

Back