March 2nd 2019 S.E. (Georgia) MEGA SWAP 5th EDITION "Pedal to the Metal" at the Dragstrip

This ad disappears when logged in

Classic Cool Rides

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
Time to start making those Pre-Spring Swap-Meet plans!
Please join us here in Commerce, Georgia for the 5th Edition of the "PEDAL-TO-THE-METAL" Swap Meet......
We are averaging about 40 Vintage Bike Vendors per Event.... and surrounded by 200+ Swap meet Vendors of Auto/Motorcycle/Truck Parts & Gas/Oil Signs and man-cave what-nots and what's best is 100's of "spectators" (buyers)
A great turn-out of CABE'rs come to this Event from as far away as Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee, and both Carolinas .... even Louisiana was represented one time.
Hope we can draw from Florida one of these times.
Please, mark you calendar and make plans for this great Swap Meet!! Cheers!! CCR Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY!! WOW....TIME IS FLYING THIS WINTER. ..... THE HURRICANE COASTER EVENT IS THIS SAT 02/02 IN CHARLOTTE, NC

I'M HEADING THERE WITH A TRUCK & TRAILER LOAD ...... THEN JUST A QUICK 4 WEEKS LATER IS THIS ONE IN COMMERCE, GA

PLAN ON BEING HERE FOR A GOOD TIME!! WE TYPICALLY GET 40 VINTAGE BIKE VENDORS >> LET'S SHOOT FOR 50 THIS TIME!! CCR DAVE

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
Just under 3 weeks away!! The regional advertising for this Event is stronger this time, than we've done ever before ......

Should be a HUGE turnout .... hope YOU are making plans to be here! Cheers! CCR Dave

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
ONLY TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM TODAY!!

My garage smells like Penetrating Oil Spray!! OH my ..... I can even SMELL the Swap Meet getting CLOSE !! :p

See you there I HOPE! CCR Dave

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
I have your 1-week-away Weather Forecast .... AND ..... some SWAP MEET BLOWOUTS to share with you !!

WEATHER looks like this SO FAR >>>> early morning start at 40 Degrees .... and afternoon High of Upper 50's ZERO % chance of rain
>>>>>> EQUALS = 100% Chance of FUN !!!

Here are some SWAP MEET ONLY Blow-Outs that I'm bringing to the event >>> 1st Group of 3 are the $99.00 projects !!
a CWC Skip Tooth from the '40's (Ser # starts with "B") a 1938/39 Prewar Rollfast-made SKIP-TOOTH, and a Schwinn Heavy Duty mid-'80's
The 2nd Group of 5 are the $199.00 Projects !!
A very Patina'd Schwinn Hornet ..... a Mid-'40's Schwinn DX Franken-bike.... a early '70's Schwinn Stingray w/S7 WW SLIK tire....
A Shelby-made Western Flyer with "Wishbone" Seat Mast ..& Custom Columbia with Springer and 3 speed SRAM drivetrain with the frame and fork Powdercoated Black

NOTE >>>> these $99.00 and $199.00 bikes are for PICK-UP ONLY at the SWAP MEET !! See you there !! CCR Dave
99.00 VINTAGE BLOWOUTS 02.21.19.jpg

99.00 VINTAGE 2 BLOWOUTS 02.21.19.jpg

199.00 VINTAGE BLOWOUTS 02.21.19.jpg

199.00 VINTAGE 2 BLOWOUTS 02.21.19.jpg

Toysoldier

Look Ma, No Hands!
Mar 5, 2016
Cleveland, United States
What's the old saying: "Ready or not, here I come!" GET-A-GRIP Inc. will be there with a load of new shirts for 2019! We will be there because there is always a bunch of great stuff to buy and of course the man "Dave" puts on a great time for everyone! Now it is a 3 hour drive for me so you know its got to be good!! Wouldn't miss it! See everyone Saturday!

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
What's the old saying: "Ready or not, here I come!" GET-A-GRIP Inc. will be there with a load of new shirts for 2019! We will be there because there is always a bunch of great stuff to buy and of course the man "Dave" puts on a great time for everyone! Now it is a 3 hour drive for me so you know its got to be good!! Wouldn't miss it! See everyone Saturday!
Looking forward to seeing you there David! .. I know there's a bunch of new vendors coming plus a lot of our friends here on the CABE !!
It's going to be a bit warmer than the last one! See ya' soon! Safe Travels from there in Tennessee ...... Cheers! CCR Dave

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
I will be there! Looking forward to swappin with you guys!
That is Great news, Don! Looking forward to seeing you here!!
Remember there is a 6AM entrance gate ( go RIGHT when the main entrance road comes to a "T" ....... OR ......
there is a 7AM gate ( Go LEFT when the main entrance road comes to a "T" )
The 6AM gate is $30.00 for all the space you need .... the 7AM gate is $20.00 fee.
Click on that AERIAL MAP (2 posts above) to get a layout of the grounds!
Thank you for making the trip from Charlotte! .....Cheers! CCR Dave

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
Hello CABE'rs !
I know there is at least 10-12 CABE'rs coming here to set-up and sell ..... SO I'm asking these questions based on a few calls I've taken today:
*** please chime-in so I can take a pulse of these categories ***
A) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Vintage ROAD bikes from France, Italy, or England ?? (an Orlando FL CABE'r was considering making the trip to do some Buying)
B) Is there anybody bringing EARLY DAYS of MTB Bikes?? ( call taken from my CL advertisement from a N.C. fellow enthusiast )
C) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Old Skool or Mid-Skool BMX ?? (numerous inquiries)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply!! CCR Dave

Classic Cool Rides

Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
WEATHER UPDATE! There is now a 40% chance of "Occasional showers" .... WARMER Now -morning start Low 50's with high Mid 60's

Important notes: This is a "Rain-or-Shine" Outdoor Event !!
***VERY RARELY does this Event get postponed (Unless its 100% Chance of Saturation and/or Thunder Storms)***
~~~ There will be plenty of Vendors with EZ-up TENTS to duck-under IF it does rain a short spell.....
~~~ Bring some TARPS for the protection of your valuable items
~~~ Bring a Rain Poncho for yourself
~~~ and the math I learned in School tells me 40% is LESS THAN 50/50 !! ( SO odds are still in our favor! )

I say ....Go For It !! I believe there will still be a HUGE Turn-out !! ..... See you there! CCR Dave

Sprockets

Dec 20, 2016
Athens, GA, United States
An old friend once told me, "Don't worry bout the mule, just load the wagon". Same applies here, "don't worry bout the weather, just show up'.:cool:

DB ReTodd

Look Ma, No Hands!
Apr 3, 2017
Athens
Hello CABE'rs !
I know there is at least 10-12 CABE'rs coming here to set-up and sell ..... SO I'm asking these questions based on a few calls I've taken today:
*** please chime-in so I can take a pulse of these categories ***
A) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Vintage ROAD bikes from France, Italy, or England ?? (an Orlando FL CABE'r was considering making the trip to do some Buying)
B) Is there anybody bringing EARLY DAYS of MTB Bikes?? ( call taken from my CL advertisement from a N.C. fellow enthusiast )
C) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Old Skool or Mid-Skool BMX ?? (numerous inquiries)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply!! CCR Dave
I will be bringing my late 70s Raleigh rod brake out for sale.

Sprockets

Dec 20, 2016
Athens, GA, United States
Hey Todd! Glad to see you're still around, looking forward to seeing you Saturday!

donmac70

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Apr 15, 2009
Ryderwood, United States
Time to start making those Pre-Spring Swap-Meet plans!
Please join us here in Commerce, Georgia for the 5th Edition of the "PEDAL-TO-THE-METAL" Swap Meet......
We are averaging about 40 Vintage Bike Vendors per Event.... and surrounded by 200+ Swap meet Vendors of Auto/Motorcycle/Truck Parts & Gas/Oil Signs and man-cave what-nots and what's best is 100's of "spectators" (buyers)
A great turn-out of CABE'rs come to this Event from as far away as Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee, and both Carolinas .... even Louisiana was represented one time.
Hope we can draw from Florida one of these times.
Please, mark you calendar and make plans for this great Swap Meet!! Cheers!! CCR Dave
Thinking about coming up from Orlando (7 hour drive) what kind of bike styles does this meet attract? Anybody bringing lightweight racers (French, Italian & British) and or parts?

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture