When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March 2nd 2019 S.E. (Georgia) MEGA SWAP 5th EDITION "Pedal to the Metal" at the Dragstrip

-
Please click on the attachment here to get an idea of the AERIAL VIEW of the Swap Meet Grounds and where to find the VINTAGE BIKE AREA!!

Attachments

• VINTAGE SWAP PARKING LANES AERAIL.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 150
I will be there! Looking forward to swappin with you guys!

That is Great news, Don! Looking forward to seeing you here!!
Remember there is a 6AM entrance gate ( go RIGHT when the main entrance road comes to a "T" ....... OR ......
there is a 7AM gate ( Go LEFT when the main entrance road comes to a "T" )
The 6AM gate is $30.00 for all the space you need .... the 7AM gate is $20.00 fee.
Click on that AERIAL MAP (2 posts above) to get a layout of the grounds!
Thank you for making the trip from Charlotte! .....Cheers! CCR Dave

Hello CABE'rs !
I know there is at least 10-12 CABE'rs coming here to set-up and sell ..... SO I'm asking these questions based on a few calls I've taken today:
*** please chime-in so I can take a pulse of these categories ***
A) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Vintage ROAD bikes from France, Italy, or England ?? (an Orlando FL CABE'r was considering making the trip to do some Buying)
B) Is there anybody bringing EARLY DAYS of MTB Bikes?? ( call taken from my CL advertisement from a N.C. fellow enthusiast )
C) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Old Skool or Mid-Skool BMX ?? (numerous inquiries)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply!! CCR Dave

WEATHER UPDATE! There is now a 40% chance of "Occasional showers" .... WARMER Now -morning start Low 50's with high Mid 60's

Important notes: This is a "Rain-or-Shine" Outdoor Event !!
***VERY RARELY does this Event get postponed (Unless its 100% Chance of Saturation and/or Thunder Storms)***
~~~ There will be plenty of Vendors with EZ-up TENTS to duck-under IF it does rain a short spell.....
~~~ Bring some TARPS for the protection of your valuable items
~~~ Bring a Rain Poncho for yourself
~~~ and the math I learned in School tells me 40% is LESS THAN 50/50 !! ( SO odds are still in our favor! )

I say ....Go For It !! I believe there will still be a HUGE Turn-out !! ..... See you there! CCR Dave

An old friend once told me, "Don't worry bout the mule, just load the wagon". Same applies here, "don't worry bout the weather, just show up'.:cool:

Hello CABE'rs !
I know there is at least 10-12 CABE'rs coming here to set-up and sell ..... SO I'm asking these questions based on a few calls I've taken today:
*** please chime-in so I can take a pulse of these categories ***
A) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Vintage ROAD bikes from France, Italy, or England ?? (an Orlando FL CABE'r was considering making the trip to do some Buying)
B) Is there anybody bringing EARLY DAYS of MTB Bikes?? ( call taken from my CL advertisement from a N.C. fellow enthusiast )
C) Is there anybody bringing much in the way of Old Skool or Mid-Skool BMX ?? (numerous inquiries)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply!! CCR Dave
I will be bringing my late 70s Raleigh rod brake out for sale.

Time to start making those Pre-Spring Swap-Meet plans!
Please join us here in Commerce, Georgia for the 5th Edition of the "PEDAL-TO-THE-METAL" Swap Meet......
We are averaging about 40 Vintage Bike Vendors per Event.... and surrounded by 200+ Swap meet Vendors of Auto/Motorcycle/Truck Parts & Gas/Oil Signs and man-cave what-nots and what's best is 100's of "spectators" (buyers)
A great turn-out of CABE'rs come to this Event from as far away as Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee, and both Carolinas .... even Louisiana was represented one time.
Hope we can draw from Florida one of these times.
Please, mark you calendar and make plans for this great Swap Meet!! Cheers!! CCR Dave

Thinking about coming up from Orlando (7 hour drive) what kind of bike styles does this meet attract? Anybody bringing lightweight racers (French, Italian & British) and or parts?

WEATHER UPDATE! ..... as of early THURS morning here is what Weather.com is saying: (see below) NOT BAD AT ALL !!
forecast swap meet 03.02.19.png

Back