When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March 63 stingray question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok good to know.. thank you. toc bikes are my thing so I’m rather stupid when these pop up.. it seems he’s fixated on the 63 more than the other one. Might be a better deal on the green one . I’m just gonna have to call and set a date.. believe it or not the 65 green super deluxe was my first bike.. i never rode it when I was a kid because I lived in a rural area with very steep hill.. I remember when I got it I couldn’t even touch the pedals so it sat till I grew into it.. it was near mint when my a—- hole dad threw it way...I wanted to keep it but he had it in the pickup and off it went. Sad day for me.

Check the fork on the '63, it will have 3 painted lines if originally a 20" Typhoon and converted, whereas the true stingray had the pointed arrow/chevron. Other indicators are the seat strut will be a square back but not be flattened/crimped where it bolts to the seat, and handle bars will be wide "butterfly" style with longer straight handle ends and the center knurling that the stem bolts to will extend just beyond the width of the stem on either side. All these are tell-tale indicators of original parts on a '63.

Good to know. Thank you.. I remember the arrow on the fork but small bits like that really makes me realize how little I know on stings.

Will do..not surprised on fake bikes..... this guy doesn’t collect stings... he’s a collector-/hoarder of anything but has some knowledge via internet. It was a causal conversation by chance. He has no rush on selling just getting old and time for a change.... I’m not putting much stock on a low buy it now price.. just being on top if it’s as good and real as he says... the second bike is vague but sound interesting too.

Back