When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Marklin 19031/1103

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
325shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
Is there an inner child inside you still....one that still like toys-vintage toys that is! i recently went on the hunt for a 'toy' i had when i was a kid. my older cousin served in the army in the 1950's and brought me back this really bitchin' tin wind-up made by marklin(mostly known for building train sets). anyway when i got it-it seemed slightly used-not that it had chips and scrapes but just had a 'not so new' look to it. never figured much about it-like maybe it was on his shelf in his apartment in germany. in my quest to replace my long lost marklin 1103 auto i found out some things about them. as a kid i never saw one for sale or knew anyone that had one. there is a reason-they weren't imported generally. maybe f.a.o. swartz out of new york carried them-they carried a lot of high end european toys. they sold in europe and not in big numbers. it was also built in 1938 and it was not exported generally due to high cost then-even as a kit. i stumbled across this 1997 copy by marklin-original dies and tooling so exact to every detail. originally they were sold as a kit-like our erector sets. these reproductions come already assembled from the factory with a certificate etc. i did not get the box or the certificate with this one. and the original price was over $600! this sat on the guys shelf for years-still has dust on it! you might have noticed i ran an ad for the one like i had recently here on the cabe. well i found one-actually found several but all in germany or france and many times what i will be selling this for. the one i found came out of argentina and is a bit 'patina'd'. but today i am selling this beautiful marklin 19031(originally it was model 1103) back out for the great deal i got on it. wind-up motor works-tires dry and some cracks-replacements are available-no dings or scrapes-paint has the expected high quality finish you find on thing built in germany. lights work. this is a large tin wind-up-measuring about 15". study pictures-fantastic shape-ask questions. paypal friendly-free shipping

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

Last edited:
Back