When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marshall Fields badged Schwinn

-
that was also a large dept store in downtown st paul,i had a girls colson with that head badge

Whatever!!!

Just Monkey See Monkey Do Opinionated Morons!!!
Follow the Path of Someone Else without Facts!!!

Go Ahead,,,,,Any Not Specified Badge,,,,Was Made By SCHWINN!!!!

Schwinn is Just a Wal-Mart Kind of Brand,,,,,,,Plain Over-Rated!!!!!

Have a Great Day!!!:cool:

Just Monkey See Monkey Do Opinionated Morons!!!
Follow the Path of Someone Else without Facts!!!

Go Ahead,,,,,Any Not Specified Badge,,,,Was Made By SCHWINN!!!!

Schwinn is Just a Wal-Mart Kind of Brand,,,,,,,Plain Over-Rated!!!!!

Have a Great Day!!!:cool:

Its a spin on biblical quote that goes something like this "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." Just how many people are you trying to piss off today? Besides myself there are a few folks here that own Schwinns as well. So your logic is this; if it doesn't say "Schwinn" on the badge its not a Schwinn product? So if I walk that dog if it doesn't say "Monark" on the badge it isn't a Monark? If it doesn't say "Shebly" on the badge it isn't a Shelby product? I can go on and on e.g. Westfield, Cleveland Welding, etc... Please help us morons understand ye sage of bikedom. Shawn

Gotta love it... you challenge the masses to "proof" something because it can't be possible, then get proven wrong and resort to name calling and brand name smearing. I stay away from this stuff on the boards, but come on Carlitos60, I'm tired of reading your attempts to bash people whenever you disagree with them. Keep it classy and admit you're wrong and move on like a man.

Cool bike/badge by the way... never seen that badge before.

I'm surprised anyone takes it seriously. Who cares who thinks what brand is this or that.

The pictures are proof. That is enough.

I read his replies yesterday and burst out laughing in the office. I think he does it just for fun ( I hope )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not to belabor the point but just for informational purposes, here's the badge on my '53 Panther. It has a Schwinn Panther chain guard but it's clear from where the holes are that it never had a Schwinn badge. It appears to have been sold by Kaufmans department stores. I also have a 1939 Schwinn with an Ace badge, as in Ace Hardware, and no Schwinn markings. Those seem to be fairly common for that era.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413897443.472658.jpg

The botto
Its a spin on biblical quote that goes something like this "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." Just how many people are you trying to piss off today? Besides myself there are a few folks here that own Schwinns as well. So your logic is this; if it doesn't say "Schwinn" on the badge its not a Schwinn product? So if I walk that dog if it doesn't say "Monark" on the badge it isn't a Monark? If it doesn't say "Shebly" on the badge it isn't a Shelby product? I can go on and on e.g. Westfield, Cleveland Welding, etc... Please help us morons understand ye sage of bikedom. Shawn
The bottom line is, Marshall-Field was a Schwinn dealer. They had one in Spokane Washington and they sold Schwinn bicycles. I've found over 200 companies that sold Schwinn bikes before WWII. From what I've read you could by a Schwinn bike through 15,000 different outlets before WWII. Usually each of these companies had several different badges they put on Schwinn bikes. Imagine how many badges may be out there. Sears, Macy's and many of the companies we wouldn't think sold Schwinn, did sell Schwinn bicycle at one time or another. Companies bought the bikes they sold through several different companies through the years. After WWII, it's a completely different story. A lot of things I thought I knew about Schwinn and other bicycles are not as black and white as we all may have thought. Although Schwinn is Chinese crap now, it was an American made product for nearly 100 years and is the only American bike company I know of that had a lifetime warranty. Barry

Back