When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

massey 19?? drove it home 6 miles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Massey bikes were one of he original companies that started CCM at the turn of the century. Gibson pedals are aluminum and if you look at the back of them where they bolt to the crank there should be a pattent date. I think it is July 10 1922 if I remember. If there are no dates on them or any markings they will be the earlier ones. I think they started making them in 1915 and dated them after 1922. The double top tubes started in 1922 or 23. If you check the date chart in the earlier posting you will find what year it is. The wrap around headbadge is very nice. I have a later Massey bike, I cannot remember what year but maybe 40's. Mine has a small Massey headbadge but it does not wrap around. Check your rear hub for markings. CCM made changes over the years. 1926 up to 1937 used the 1926 Hercules hub with Hercules in writing. I believe the earlier Hercules was in printing. After 1937 CCM used the 37 CCM hub.

massey

thanks oldy57,i was waitin for you to have a look.the bike is apart,i will have it out by april.im taking my time on this one,and leaving everything the way i got it.except i may take off the chain guard,i dont really like it.thanks for the info,i will check into what you said.:cool:

Nice job on the clean-up, looks like a super fun ride. Did you figure out what year it was made ?

thanks

pretty much a 1923,except older new hercules hub.im guessing they had them leftover and put them in bikes?i dunno.it rides and commands attention.im enjoying this.:cool:

I've just reassembled the same bike (a 1930) ribbon head badge/same crank, sent you a message hoping for contact. I'm aslo in the Victoria area. Family I traded another bike to for it said their grandfather used it for his paper route for a few years +/- 1938. It was leaning against a tree in their back yard. Looks like new now!

massey silver ribbon

i actually found a photo of the massey harris store in victoria and im finding more info as im searching.they were a popular bicycle shop from 1886 till 1933.im trying to find the address.getting a picture in front of the store now would be great.i know of a person with a 1886 massey harris its very nice.
e_02643gif-1.jpg

e_07599gif-1.jpg

carbidelamp003-1.jpg

Victoria's Bicycle shop

These photos are great. I'll check the archived copies of the Times Colonist here for some old ads on microfilm. I'll ask Dave our historian here if he's aware of that bike shop address

My Massey had a cross brace on the original handle bar as well but the bar came straight back not swept up like yours. I think someone changed your handlebar but transferred the cross brace over. Do you have a line on original style bars?

handlebars

i got 5 pair from a ccm massey person that knows alot.i just bent the bars a bit in a tree.i dont like my hands bent inwards.i have quite a few stems and different bars.i saw the bars i have on my bike on another from a 20s photo.i have another brace also.

Back