When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massey Harris Australia

-
hello David, "bicyclecollector" from the VintageCCM site
looking forward to reading the post as the bikes are restored
will have this post on "watch"
thanks for sharing

also, you might want to contact Paul Watson in Australia. He is very knowledgeable on Massey bikes and he also reproduces parts and seats
here is a link to his seats ..... some of the best reproductions that I have seen
Thanks, I know Paul, he is a great help and his work is amazing, i will need his help for sure.

Hello Dave from Kryn in Victoria, B.C. congrats for sure on finding/saving
those Masseys. I have a later Massey '30s looking forward to your progress.
p5pb9958957.jpg

Hi all, from Victoria Australia, my name is Dave and I have been restoring bikes for a while.

Recently I was gifted 4 Massey Harris - Models 6,7,18,102 and have started the restoration process. The Model 6 is the first as it is the most complete and in pretty good condition - no wheels.

I will post my progress and hope to both provide and seek information and assistance during this process.

The Model 7 - 1899 Special Racer will end up in my private museum of Melbourne to Warrnambool racing bikes from 1895 to 2021, to date I have representative bikes from 1897 to 2011, several are actual winner bikes, other period correct representations. This is a personal project and funded by myself as a hobby, I am retired and plan to stay that way.

Please find accompanying a few photos of the bikes as I removed them from the pile being cleaned out of a bicycle workshop which closed about 50 years ago.

My though would be to post each restoration on a separate thread, would this work?

Firstly if anyone has a catalogue with an 18 or 102 a copy or direction to it would be appreciated.

Dave

View attachment 1446553

View attachment 1446554

View attachment 1446555

View attachment 1446556

View attachment 1446559
Hi David….my friend has a model 6 serial #13925…..is this bike a touring or racing bike? Any other useful info…would you like a photo I could snap one for you…terry

Back